Armitage and Jones were awesome last night!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
He seems like a nice enough guy. I gather he even played the game (QB I hear).
Yeah, he played at St. Mary's
PierceFan23
prospect

Turn down the box, turn up the radio. Armitage is a CBC lifer and will be there untill he kicks the bucket or there's massive corporate change in the halls of the Ceeb in toronto..
Lions Fan Since Pre-Dunigan
http://www.bclionsfan.com
Grey is the colour, cuz it looks good on our next cup!
smphantom
Legend

Get real Toppy! Excuse me but, what game did you watch?

I didn't watch the game live but watched the tape on Sunday, and thought Armitage was BRUTAL!! He was worse than usual, and Khari was almost as bad.

Can't remember all of Armitage's blunders as they were too many...... :bang:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Armitage may just be a fill-in for that game and the odd other Western telecast through the season. CFL.ca lists Mark Lee and Walby as the commentators with Millington, Frers, Jones and Benefield on the panel. I'm not sure where Lee and the Walrus were but just like the Lions had to adjust their lineup for injuries it looks like CBC had to go to the bench for Armitage and promote Jones to the booth for Saturday's tilt.

Personally I don't get too wrapped up in who is calling what. I find much of the broadcast to be almost like an ambient noise that comes with the game. The game isn't quite the same without sound turned on but I only half listen to it prefering to let my eyes tell me what's going on anyways. If I get to the point where I'm paying enough attention to the broadcasters to want to rant over them then I feel like I'm really not paying attention to the game itself in the first place. I've never been one to turn TV off in favour of radio no matter who is calling the game or what sport it is. Nothing drives me battier than having things out of sync especially if the feed delays between the two mediums aren't exactly the same.
Last edited by Hambone on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Blitz wrote:Besides, critiquing announcers, isn't the most exciting topic...along with how many people attended the game or kissing your sister!
I'm with you there Blitz. Threads on those topics to me are akin to Seinfeld episodes......much ado about nothing.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.