Roughriders: Round 2

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

prairielion
Starter

Well, here in Saskatchewan, the Rider fans are licking their chops to play us now with even more injuries. They think that the Lions will be due for a loss, and that with all the substitute players, it will be a walk. They are on a high after their big dismantling of the Esks, similar to the one after the whipped the Stamps. And once again, they will be playing in their Grey Cup on Thursday. So just as we did two weeks ago, I think it is time again to show them why we are the champs and they are still nothing more than chumps.
So I hope that we can get a crowd of 40000 to show them the support of our Leos and give them another game like their last game of significance at B.C. Place. I know that we have had trouble with the Riders in ther regular season over the last few years (I've sat through many painful losses at Taylor field), but I think this is the year that we lay it on them every chance we get.
Let's have lots of noise and help our boys give them another kicking. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Couldn't agree with you more ! :thup:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

While I think 40K is unlikely, especially on a Thursday night, it'll be a barnburner for sure.

If Higgins was watching tonight's game, he should know that the Lions shouldn't be taken lightly, even when short handed.
Rammer
Team Captain

If the Lions win this one, with all the injuries it will be a statement.
Entertainment value = an all time low
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Sadly, I'm going to be out of town for this one and won't make it down to the dome, I'm attending a wedding in Victoria this weekend and will be leaving on Thursday to avoid the Friday rush at the ferry. That said, I'll be out of blackout zone at my Dad's place so I can catch it on the tube. My uncle is also going to be there, my uncle that's based out of Regina and has lived in Victoria/Vancouver almost as long as he's lived in Regina, so his loyalties are divided so it'll be a fun night! Make some noise for me, I'll do my best to send some over from the Island! :thup:
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote: I'm attending a wedding in Victoria this weekend
Who schedules a wedding for a long weekend? That's just rude.

Cardinal rule: Don't screw up other people's long weekends by inviting them to your lame wedding. Highly inconsiderate. Especially if you're a guy. Weddings are for chicks.
lion24
Legend

Lions4ever wrote:

Cardinal rule: Don't screw up other people's long weekends by inviting them to your lame wedding. Highly inconsiderate. Especially if you're a guy. Weddings are for chicks.
Could you just clarify for me......so you are not big on weddings?? :lol: :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:While I think 40K is unlikely, especially on a Thursday night, it'll be a barnburner for sure.

If Higgins was watching tonight's game, he should know that the Lions shouldn't be taken lightly, even when short handed.
"Rider nation" is so buoyed by their thumping of Edmonton and our injury woes that practically every green & white fan within a ten hour driving radius will be at this game. On that basis alone I think Thursday's crowd will exceed the home opener.

Speaking of Sask's win, I wonder how Tillman and Hillbilly are getting along these days.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

Rammer wrote:If the Lions win this one, with all the injuries it will be a statement.
Agreed. It will be a tough one for sure, the riders have been really good this year, but i am confident we will come out on top :wink: :yes: :thup:
Lets Go Lions!
prairielion
Starter

And if we don't win, then we may as well pack it in, because the Riders will be crowned champs this year and the rest of the games will just be formality.
Or at least that's what the media and fans will be saying out here. :lol:
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
Joshua

Rammer wrote:If the Lions win this one, with all the injuries it will be a statement.
no question...take away that crappy half in Edmonton and the Riders have played excellent ball against everyone except BC. We've beaten up Edmonton and Calgary, but have been spanked by you. I truly feel that these are the best teams in the west. If you win big again, the message will be sent.

Two best defences in the league - should be fun.
Rammer
Team Captain

lion24 wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:

Could you just clarify for me......so you are not big on weddings?? :lol: :lol:
Lions4ever is not a chick, as I decipher it. 8)
Entertainment value = an all time low
Big Time
Champion

Joshua wrote:
no question...take away that crappy half in Edmonton and the Riders have played excellent ball against everyone except BC.
Ever stop to think that the reason they played so crappy was because the Lions are just that good? It seems like after every Lion win, the losing coach says "We played terrible, if it weren't for the turnovers, we would have beaten the Lions".

Hello? The Lions defense is destroying teams. It isn't teams not playing their best and the Lions taking advantage. It's the Lions defense playing so well that they are exposing their opponents as the mediocre teams that they are. Statistically, the Riders may have the second best defense in the league, but on the field, there is no comparison. The Lions destroyed the Riders in Regina and they will do it again on Thursday night in Vancouver.
prairielion
Starter

Big Time wrote:
Joshua wrote:
no question...take away that crappy half in Edmonton and the Riders have played excellent ball against everyone except BC.
Ever stop to think that the reason they played so crappy was because the Lions are just that good? It seems like after every Lion win, the losing coach says "We played terrible, if it weren't for the turnovers, we would have beaten the Lions".

Hello? The Lions defense is destroying teams. It isn't teams not playing their best and the Lions taking advantage. It's the Lions defense playing so well that they are exposing their opponents as the mediocre teams that they are. Statistically, the Riders may have the second best defense in the league, but on the field, there is no comparison. The Lions destroyed the Riders in Regina and they will do it again on Thursday night in Vancouver.
Well said. Let's maybe give the Lions a little credit for their wins and not just say that the other teams played badly against them.
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
lion24
Legend

prairielion wrote:And if we don't win, then we may as well pack it in, because the Riders will be crowned champs this year and the rest of the games will just be formality.
Or at least that's what the media and fans will be saying out here. :lol:
Your thoughts on the Riders are very similar to my thoughts on the Esks?? :lol: :lol: It is a result of the places we live as Lion fans and If I lived in any other city as a Lion fan I guess it would be similar. But it makes it that much sweeter when the Lions beat the Riders or Esks or they win a Grey Cup :thup:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP