Roughriders: Round 2

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
wildthing wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:
You do realize that the "raping" by Burris was primarily on a secondary that lost 2 starters mid game and had a grand total of 1 DB playing the same position at the end as at the start.......with at least 1 DB playing a position he had never practiced.

If you're counting on that happening again, I could see why you would think KJ will have no problems.

I don't know why you would think that the Riders are capable of an error free game. :?

The problem with bravado is that it's usually followed by a nice size serving of crow.

Good luck to both teams and here's hoping that there's no injuries anywhere on the field.
they were turnover free the first 2 games of the year so they are capable of error free football. As for the Leos secondary, it remains banged up and thus vulnerable.

Not sure where my bravado is, I saw Calgary exploit a weakness which will still be there in some form on thursday. I have not predicted a blowout merely that the Riders are very capable of beating the Leos no matter who the QB. Historically the regular season matchups are close.
Wildthing I think I loath you! J/K

Your first two games were not against the Lions D correct? Where the Lions excel at disrupting KJ is from their front 7, all in tact for this match by the way. Don't let blind optimism drive your bravado, the Lions may not get 7 turnovers, yet they will rattle and hum KJ to the point that you to won't care for the result.

On any given Sunday, on any given Sunday WT.
Exactly what I was saying to myself Rammer. Sask fans are underestimating the abilities of our front 7. IMO, everything for our D begins with the front 7. Relentless outside pressure from BJ and CW with the knowledge that TW and AH will be collapsing the pocket. The best front 7 in the CFL bar none. Can't wait till Thursday and, oh yeah, the pressure is on the Sask O to produce.
terencius

Exactly what I was saying to myself Rammer. Sask fans are underestimating the abilities of our front 7. IMO, everything for our D begins with the front 7. Relentless outside pressure from BJ and CW with the knowledge that TW and AH will be collapsing the pocket. The best front 7 in the CFL bar none. Can't wait till Thursday and, oh yeah, the pressure is on the Sask O to produce
Nope, WE KNOW BC has an excellent front 7. In Fact, an Excellent team, all round. Excellent Depth and dangerous recievers and RB's. Fully deserving of their 5-0 record.

Us rider fans think, that based upon upon our record and given the fact the Riders SH&t the bed at home, that the Riders will have some extra motivation to do the same thing to BC as they did to the Riders.

It's NOT the riders fault that BC has two injured QB's( courtesy of the Riders) nor 3 injured DB's (courtesy of the Stamps.)

Injuries are part of the game.

I will tell everyone this. I want BC to be injury Free in the rematch at Taylor Field, come september. I want "No Excuses". I want Dave Dickenson back, all your starting SB's back, and BC on a roll.

Then we will determine 1st and 2nd place.

Best of Luck to the lions and their fans. Strap it up, it's going to be a great one.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Then we will determine 1st and 2nd place.
If the Green Weenies lose thursday that may already be determined. It will be a 3 game lead, but in reality for the Rudders 4 games behind since BC would hold the tie breaker.
two injured QB's( courtesy of the Riders
so do most rider fans get a chubby over this?
3 injured DB's (courtesy of the Stamps.)
Damn courtesy of the Stamps...wow amazing how a Stamp player can cause a twisted ankle.

:roll:
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Zarquon
Champion

terencius wrote:Us rider fans think, that based upon upon our record and given the fact the Riders SH&t the bed at home, that the Riders will have some extra motivation to do the same thing to BC as they did to the Riders.
What based upon the fact that the Riders haven't beaten a team that is currently above .500. And don't you think that maybe it was less that the Riders "SH&t the bed" and more the great play of the Lions front 7 that caused the Riders to have a bad game.
terencius wrote: It's NOT the riders fault that BC has two injured QB's( courtesy of the Riders) nor 3 injured DB's (courtesy of the Stamps.)
"Courtesy of the Riders" makes it sound like it is the Riders fault.
wildthing
All Star

Larry Key wrote:
Rammer wrote:
wildthing wrote:
they were turnover free the first 2 games of the year so they are capable of error free football. As for the Leos secondary, it remains banged up and thus vulnerable.

Not sure where my bravado is, I saw Calgary exploit a weakness which will still be there in some form on thursday. I have not predicted a blowout merely that the Riders are very capable of beating the Leos no matter who the QB. Historically the regular season matchups are close.
Wildthing I think I loath you! J/K

Your first two games were not against the Lions D correct? Where the Lions excel at disrupting KJ is from their front 7, all in tact for this match by the way. Don't let blind optimism drive your bravado, the Lions may not get 7 turnovers, yet they will rattle and hum KJ to the point that you to won't care for the result.

On any given Sunday, on any given Sunday WT.
Exactly what I was saying to myself Rammer. Sask fans are underestimating the abilities of our front 7. IMO, everything for our D begins with the front 7. Relentless outside pressure from BJ and CW with the knowledge that TW and AH will be collapsing the pocket. The best front 7 in the CFL bar none. Can't wait till Thursday and, oh yeah, the pressure is on the Sask O to produce.
Not under estimating your front 7 at all they are in the top 2 of the league. I think you under estimate the Riders o-line and adjustments that will (unlike in Danny Barrett's days) be made. Since Wally has become BC's HC, the Leos have struggled against the Riders in the regular season, with the Riders holding more of the wins IIRC. So don't dicount what the green guys can throw at you even when pressured. As strong as your front 7 is, Hamilton exposed weakness with Lumsden raking up a 100 yard game, you don't think the Riders are looking at that film? Its going to be a great game, I keep saying that. Closer than the last one for sure as I don't think KJ is going to get as rattle and make the unforced errors. I am curious to see how you o-line holds Perry and now Mitchell who looks to be an emerging star, because if they can't hold them, I think JJ and the Leos may be in for a long day.
Rammer
Team Captain

IF's and buts, don't mean much, games resolve everything. Lions are stronger on their front four than even lasts years GC winning front 5. Wake is a huge addition, and a reason that KJ had an uncomfortable game against the Lions on Taylor Field. I am not worried on that front at all, only if KJ can break containment will the Riders have success on the O. On the other side of the ball, it is going to be difficult for a 3rd string QB to beat another solid front 4. This may come down to making mistakes on O, allowing the others D to find some momentum to pin their ears back, knowing the passing game must be used.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

The standard statement of "the game will be won in the trenches" will never be more relevant than for Thursday night's game.......it all hinges on which line dominates the opponent's line.......both offensively and defensively.
Lloyd
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

And who makes the most mistakes.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

And who scores the most points!

That alone will usually win you a few games. Really.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Game, set match to Lions4ever!
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Charger27

I'd be surprised if the Lions win this one.
Rammer
Team Captain

Charger27 wrote:I'd be surprised if the Lions win this one.
Well it is unlikely to lose two in a row as we are about to get healthier. :yes:
Entertainment value = an all time low