Wally Blows an obvious Challenge

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

They were waiting for the replay which - oddly- never came.... :bang:
MacNews
Team Captain

Lions4ever wrote:They were waiting for the replay which - oddly- never came.... :bang:
Why? You have the free challange..use it.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:They were waiting for the replay which - oddly- never came.... :bang:
Right on the numbers Mac. :thup:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Tighthead
Legend

I wouldn't have used it there - without a decent replay, you are just guessing, and then you have wasted a challenge.
kenny
Champion

Tighthead wrote:I wouldn't have used it there - without a decent replay, you are just guessing, and then you have wasted a challenge.
Couldn't agree more....with the lack of cameras there just aren't any good replays. I doubt it would have been overturned anyways.
Rammer
Team Captain

Tighthead wrote:I wouldn't have used it there - without a decent replay, you are just guessing, and then you have wasted a challenge.
Exactly, I don['t think that any camera angle overturns that call.
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

Add another vote for Tighthead's statement. I too wouldn't have done it there. The angles I saw made it too inconclusive.

If there was one place to challenge I thought it would have been the Miles INT that was taken away. As I understand the rules he has to "survive" initial contact (be that the field or a defender). From the replay I saw, he did that. He survived the hit, went down with his knee on the turf then the ball was stripped. I'm not sure if it would have been a successful challenge either but that's one I would have done.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:
MacNews wrote:
Yes, I realize that. I was referring to the fact that Rick and Guilio were wondering, in no uncertain terms, where the replay was.
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Add another vote for Tighthead's statement. I too wouldn't have done it there. The angles I saw made it too inconclusive.

If there was one place to challenge I thought it would have been the Miles INT that was taken away. As I understand the rules he has to "survive" initial contact (be that the field or a defender). From the replay I saw, he did that. He survived the hit, went down with his knee on the turf then the ball was stripped. I'm not sure if it would have been a successful challenge either but that's one I would have done.
Noway that was an INT, Miles knew it as you have to maintain possession after ground contact now as well.
LFITQ
Team Captain

you have to maintain possession after ground contact now as well.
Yes I understand that, and I think you could have an argument that he did survive it.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Now if it was a call for the Stamps coach to consider....the replay would be shown. Part of home field advantage, I guess.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I would have challenged the play. You got it; why not use it. There may not be another opportunity to use it again in the game.
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:
Now if it was a call for the Stamps coach to consider....the replay would be shown. Part of home field advantage, I guess.
Lions coaches in the booth would have given Wally the heads up if they thought it wasn't complete, they have access to what the video guy is seeing as well.
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

PigSkin_53 wrote:
MacNews wrote:
Lets Go Lions!
Quesdad
Champion

Well guys, it sems challenges are being orchestra for other reasons than whats taken place but more for the time out! Sad but looking like thats how a one time challenge is being used for...but I could be wrong based on my source, and you know who .. but you can guess that, Tactics are not as important as the strategic decisions!!This means as much as notice to the officials as a message to the other side. The game is not as simple as one play I'm learning.