Milt Stegall - 138

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Were either George Reed or Mike Pringle on hand for the ceremony?

To make the event even more memorable, I think it was important that the Blue Bombers won the game so that everyone won't have to remember that Stegall's efforts were in a losing cause. Similar incidents occurred when Mark McGwire hit home run 62 on September 8, 1998, the Cardinals won their game, as is when Wayne Gretzky got point 1851 in October 1989.

Record setting moments done in a losing cause included when Lui broke Dave Cutler's record in August 1990 in a close loss to the Tiger-Cats, and when Gretzky scored his 802nd goal on March 23, 1994 in a 6-3 Kings home loss to the Canucks.

I know I've mentioned it on other threads before, but I wonder with this historical record, whether more people will remark about the fact that the one thing that has still eluded Stegall is a championship. Everyone knows that Dan Marino, perhaps the greatest QB in NFL history, never won the Super Bowl. And now it remains to be seen whether perhaps the greatest receiver in CFL history will win the Grey Cup.

Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Congrats milty
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

I saw the game. Congrats to Milt! What made it even more special was the drive, he had four great receptions before the TD.
Lets Go Lions!