Summary of injured Lions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lowell Ulrich is speculating in his latest blog entry on yet another injured starter:
Injuries ... may be going from bad to worse... . With many having scattered for ... the long weekend it was impossible to confirm, but word is yet another starter was seriously injured against Saskatchewan.
:? I must have missed or forgotten who he's talking about.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:Lowell Ulrich is speculating in his latest blog entry on yet another injured starter:
Injuries ... may be going from bad to worse... . With many having scattered for ... the long weekend it was impossible to confirm, but word is yet another starter was seriously injured against Saskatchewan.
:? I must have missed or forgotten who he's talking about.
Word was Sherko has re-injured the same shoulder he hurt in training camp.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wonder if it's Sherko Haji-Rasouli or Rob Murphy ?
rb
Champion

The two guys that I remember going down in the game were Sherko H-R and Jamal Johnson.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CTV is reporting that Rasouli should be ready to go this Friday. :cr:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

rb wrote:The two guys that I remember going down in the game were Sherko H-R and Jamal Johnson.
Rick Dhaliwal is reporting this morning it's Jamal Johnson.... a broken arm! :bang: :sigh:

Wally also said he expects Floyd and Banks back on Friday. :cr:

On a good news front... Dickenson will begin light workouts today. I will say if all goes well... he starts Aug. 31 at home against Montreal which would be the first game after the bye week.
David
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
rb wrote:The two guys that I remember going down in the game were Sherko H-R and Jamal Johnson.
Rick Dhaliwal is reporting this morning it's Jamal Johnson.... a broken arm! :bang: :sigh:
Oh no. :x I feared this, reading Lowell's blog then hearing that Sherko may be ready for Friday.

I guess my post awhile ago where I voiced concerns about our lack of experienced import linebacking depth (that seemed to get poo-pooed) doesn't seem so silly now, does it?

Let's pray that Otis is ready to return this week.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Well in fairness David (I don't recall your post), but how many teams can lose two starting import linebackers and have experience to plug in? Man we're getting hit hard this year by injuries. Let's hope it's a get them out of the way scenario... :sigh:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:I guess my post awhile ago where I voiced concerns about our lack of experienced import linebacking depth (that seemed to get poo-pooed) doesn't seem so silly now, does it?

Let's pray that Otis is ready to return this week.

DH 8)
Nick Hannah has looked sharp and has gotten a lot of reps in the past couple of games, especially in passing situations. If Otis Floyd comes back this week, the Lions shouldn't have to make any other roster moves at linebacker.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Carl Kidd is available if we need to bring someone in. Wouldn't that be interesting.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

He would be most welcomed.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:

On a good news front... Dickenson will begin light workouts today. I will say if all goes well... he starts Aug. 31 at home against Montreal which would be the first game after the bye week.
As "broken arm" can range from a spiral compound fracture to a hairline crack, has there been any detail as to the extent of the break or how long he will be out?
Lloyd
David
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:

As "broken arm" can range from a spiral compound fracture to a hairline crack, has there been any detail as to the extent of the break or how long he will be out?
This injury does not appear to be as devastating as first feared. From the x-rays, it appears to be a hairline fracture (he injured his arm in the 4th quarter last Thursday but continued playing!). Talk about tough, Jamal was interviewed today and would really like to play in the Winnipeg game. He's hoping they can fit something onto the cast to allow him to play while minimizing the risk of further damage.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

This seriously sucks. So how long until we can expect a completely healthy and full squad? Dickenson, Simmons, Clovis (gone for the year), Banks, Johnson, Marsh, Buck (hurt but still playing). I'm probably missing another ten guys. Is mid-September too optimistic to expect a full roster again?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Don't expect a full roster. This is football, and players get hurt. Saskatchewan, Winnipeg and Toronto have all had a lot of injuries, and probably other teams too.

What is discouraging for the Lions is the dropoff in performance when backups are thrust into starting roles. Our backups have missed a lot of assignments and have forced changes in our schemes to cover for their inexperience and inability to execute at the same level as the starters.