GEROY'S head not into the game

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BEEECEEE
All Star

WTF, geroy forgot that he was suppose to be in on the 2 point. Thats not the real Geroy we know. Whats wrong with him. Just sums up the whole offense.
Formely sfu_guy
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

He looks lost out there. Wally sure gave him an earful tho. He's too good, he'll come around soon enough and let us hope it's against the Stumps.
hutch
Champion

Who knows what happened there, much like the entire offence maybe he had no clue what the OC called...Who is this bum we have at OC?
Don Miller
Legend

:x Geroy looks like he is very frustrated. He was open a few times and did not get the ball. Buck looked good at times and well like a rookie some of the other times. He seemed to be a little quick on running and not getting his second and third reads. Sooner or later teams are going to take the crossing patterns away from us. Pottinger also had a tough game in the first half. Ugly win but an win. Time to get Hufnagel in charge of this offence.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Pottinger is a few years away from being a starter. He got wiped out a few times by their O man, especially on Lumsden's long run. He has to learn to shed his tackles. Maybe we do need an import in that position. I was hoping Hannah would be out there rotating with Pots. Jamal Johnson had a monster game. I see why Armour was never re-signed.
Don Miller
Legend

Jamal Johnson had a great game. Brent Johnson was being held on almost every play by the Hamilton O line. Hamilton ran against Pottingers side where Otis Floyd would normally be playing. Lumsden is a good tough back with good speed when he gets in the open field. Hopefully Floyd will be able to play against Calgary or they will be running the ball on Pottingers side for sure. We will need to score at least 24 pts in Calgary to get win #5
Don Miller
Legend

Jamal Johnson had a great game. Brent Johnson was being held on almost every play by the Hamilton O line. Hamilton ran against Pottingers side where Otis Floyd would normally be playing. Lumsden is a good tough back with good speed when he gets in the open field. Hopefully Floyd will be able to play against Calgary or they will be running the ball on Pottingers side for sure. We will need to score at least 24 pts in Calgary to get win #5
tedbear
Starter

hutch wrote:Who knows what happened there, much like the entire offence maybe he had no clue what the OC called...Who is this bum we have at OC?
Special teams coach had two fingers up the minute they scored the touchdown and held them up for a good 30 seconds. Geroy was sulking at the end of the bench and complaining to who would ever listen. Although I can understand Geroys frustruation. He is not helping his cause by complaining and sulking. I lost a lot of respect for Geroy tonight.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I can understand Geroy's frustration. He was opened several time tonight, instead the Lions kept going to the underneath stuff with Jason Clermont.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I don't get it. Geroy Simon is now being used as a decoy. This is getting ridiculous now. Here we have the CFL's Most Outstanding Player on single coverage, and the ball isn't thrown to him. WHY?! In single coverage, the ball has to go to Geroy every single time. It doesn't even look like they're trying to include Geroy in the offence right now. Buck didn't even look for him, and he sure as hell didn't try to read a second or third option when his main one was taken away. Buck's decision making tonight was horrible and he was way too quick to give up on a play and pull the ball down. Our offence right now is just disgustingly bad and something needs to change pretty damn quick. Maybe they can start by actually throwing to the best damn receiver in the league. It's not even a case of Geroy being covered anymore, they're just not looking to him. Can we please get some new play calling?
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

It's just simply ridiculous and it boggles the mind. I would keep my only on Geroy on some plays, especially when they had 3 or 4 receivers to one side, just to see what would happen with him. And no surprise, it's nowhere near him.
CartWheelFan
All Star

TheLionKing wrote:I can understand Geroy's frustration. He was opened several time tonight, instead the Lions kept going to the underneath stuff with Jason Clermont.
While I'm a big Jason Clermont fan, and I love seeing him get the ball, take hits, get first downs and rack up the yards. I prefer him as a quiet threat, near undetected until suddenly the opposition realizes this guy has 7 or 8 receptions and is moving the chains.

Jeroy MUST remain the number 1 target, the go to guy, the deep threat. If a team like Hamilton is only using double coverage on Jeroy, that says that word is out, this guy is not getting the ball. Jeroy should be our "well" and especially with out offense struggling without DD last night, we SHOULD have been going to the well!

JC is a great player, but he's not a deep threat like Jeroy, and he should not be expected to carry the entire offense on his own. Still, 10 rec for 115 yards, a good night for #82!

MUCH to improve on for next game!

I'll take the 4-0, but WOW tonight was nothing to get excited about!
midwestlion
Starter

He should be lost obviously no one can find him OC, QB special teams.. Likle I said I dont think Pierce can put this team on his shoulders and carry them. He is a first read guy and then run. That is rookie style. But hey they still won. Hamilton should not have took the safety. Would have been a different game and Buono would have started his pointing out players. Like I said no matter how bad they play, until they lose, Buono will continue to protect them.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Larry Key wrote:Pottinger is a few years away from being a starter. He got wiped out a few times by their O man, especially on Lumsden's long run.
Pottinger will be crawling under his chair in the film room when that one comes up. As the kids would say, he got "pwned". It was a terrific block, mind you, but Pottinger's technique in trying to shed it was non-existent.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

The other disturbing thing about the Geroy situation is that his interest in plays is almost a give away in whether or not the ball is going to go his way. There were a few times last night that I knew just by watching the way he left the huddle and approached the line of scrimmage that he wasn't getting the ball on that play. I'm sure defenses will be picking up on that too.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.