Otis Floyd back in for next week

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Team 1040 is reporting that Otis Floyd will sit out this week's game vs. Hamilton but will be back in action the following week.

He didn't have a sports hernia (good news) but it was just an abdominal strain (laughing too hard??).

That is good newsfor the game against Calgary. We will certainly need him to help stop Joffrey Reynolds.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

This is great news!
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Team 1040 is reporting that Otis Floyd will sit out this week's game vs. Hamilton but will be back in action the following week.

He didn't have a sports hernia (good news) but it was just an abdominal strain (laughing too hard??).

That is good newsfor the game against Calgary. We will certainly need him to help stop Joffrey Reynolds.
Better news than I ever expected. I will believe it when I see it.
Entertainment value = an all time low
maddeep73
Champion

Better news than I ever expected. I will believe it when I see it.
Yes. Glad to see this in print... hopefully soon to see it in person.

This injury has the potential to be a huge issue. Unlike most other positions, LB depth is not a strong suit of this club. Not to mention that Otis is one hell of a player, regardless of position, a demon on ST's.

Here's hoping the Team was right on this one.
Keepin' it real
SammyGreene
Team Captain

How about LU's blog for verification?
And just for good measure, an Otis Floyd update: The Lions are now saying he has an abdominal strain,. not a sports hernia. That could mean he'll be back next week for Calgary. This week, rookie import Nick Hannah gets a chance.
:thup:
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

Gd !!!
Lets Go Lions!
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Great news. If Lumsden can run like that without Otis in... I can imagine what type of success Reynolds might have. Let's hope Buck can make a quick recovery too.
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

It was just anounced on the team 1040 he is still doubtfull :x
Lets Go Lions!
Rammer
Team Captain

Scottish Leos Fan wrote:It was just anounced on the team 1040 he is still doubtfull :x
I kind of figured that would be the case, it is important to resolve his injury now, and no need to push it. We just may have another difficult week against the Stamps run game, but the long term goal is more important.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This week the Lions will be prepared by playing Jamall Johnson on the wide side on first down and on Floyd's short side on second down. They made that adjustment during the Hamilton game and had much better success than when they played Pottinger on second down and took Johnson off the field. This week they have the added pressure of facing a mobile quarterback, so Johnson's speed is a big asset.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:This week the Lions will be prepared by playing Jamall Johnson on the wide side on first down and on Floyd's short side on second down. They made that adjustment during the Hamilton game and had much better success than when they played Pottinger on second down and took Johnson off the field. This week they have the added pressure of facing a mobile quarterback, so Johnson's speed is a big asset.
I wonder if many Calgarians recall the two players we ended up getting for Jason Gesser? They may remember both after this weekends games.

Jamal Johnson (neg list player from Calgary), and Ricky Foley(4th pick overall in 06).
David
Team Captain

Would anyone else like Obie to find a stud import linebacker with speed for practice roster depth? This is no knock on Jay Pottinger, but he's a green as grass and may be "thinking" too much about where he needs to position himself thus limiting his effectiveness on certain plays (hey, even Javy struggled somewhat when he was thrown into the mix and look how great he's turned out to be).

Make no mistake - I love our 3 starting linebackers. However, not to sound crude here, but if any one of them gets injured for any length of time, we're screwed!

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Blitz
Team Captain

Make no mistake - I love our 3 starting linebackers. However, not to sound crude here, but if any one of them gets injured for any length of time, we're screwed!
Not necessarily David! Hannah is on the practice roster and he's got some talent!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Rammer
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:
Not necessarily David! Hannah is on the practice roster and he's got some talent!!
It is difficult for any LB to make an impact first time out, as the game speed forces a new guy to start thinking out there and the best of the best (Otis Floyd) play the game without thinking just reacting.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hannah looked strong in preseason and dressed for the first time against Hamilton, playing on special teams. He and Pottinger both have talent but lack experience.