Cutdown Day, who is gone?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Well we have heard the news on Kendrick Jones so far, and hopefully this is the biggest news of the day, as his release was leaked for that reason. This one is puzzling, as we know what Kendrick brings to the table, he was a starter for a great receiving corps who had a difficult TC and since the QB's were struggling as well, it didn't exactly give him a chance to step up in the Edmonton game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

At a guess:

Lorne Plante
Mike Lindstrom
Chad Mock
Markeith Knowlton
Josh Boden
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Lindstrom, Jones, Green, Waisela. PR not announced yet.
Last edited by Jim Mullin on Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

My guess:

Actually gonzo.......if Kendrick Jones is indeed gone, then no one else !!

Releases:

McCullough - returning to Bishops but still Lion property, will be our LS in 2008
Lindstrom - will be seen hiding in the bushes at the Surrey practice field
Wasiela - see Lindstrom
Jones, Andrew - PR
Nicolson - 4 Man Reserve
Sadeghian - 4 Man Reserve
Farrow - PR
Hannah - PR
Knowlton - PR
Pikula - 4 Man Reserve
Ala - PR
Mock - PR
Dennis - 4 Man Reserve
Green, Lionel - PR
Lloyd
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:My guess:

Actually gonzo.......if Kendrick Jones is indeed gone, then no one else !!

Releases:

McCullough - returning to Bishops but still Lion property, will be our LS in 2008
Lindstrom - will be seen hiding in the bushes at the Surrey practice field
Wasiela - see Lindstrom
Jones, Andrew - PR
Nicolson - 4 Man Reserve
Sadeghian - 4 Man Reserve
Farrow - PR
Hannah - PR
Knowlton - PR
Pikula - 4 Man Reserve
Ala - PR
Mock - PR
Dennis - 4 Man Reserve
Green, Lionel - PR
Sorry...the 4 man reserve players do not get released.
Lloyd
lion24
Legend

Rammer wrote:Well we have heard the news on Kendrick Jones so far, and hopefully this is the biggest news of the day, as his release was leaked for that reason. This one is puzzling, as we know what Kendrick brings to the table, he was a starter for a great receiving corps who had a difficult TC and since the QB's were struggling as well, it didn't exactly give him a chance to step up in the Edmonton game.
I agree i still think Jones can be a star receiver in this league, unfortunately it looks like it will be on a different team. However, by all reports Rodgers looked pretty good in preseason although i didn't see much of him in Thursday's game but that was a write off game anyway (eveyone knows my feelings on that game already!! :bang: ) It is too bad to see Green go and the fact he was never really utilized much but i guess someone has got to go. Looks like Mitchell may push for a starting spot on defence and he was one guy that actually had a decent game against the Eskimos.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Now that the final Preseason game is done and the fallout from all the CFL teams roster paredowns will be public, I'm really getting that football's here feeling. It's a gradual thing but it just keeps ramping up a little bit more everyday until kickoff. My big question? Should I go for Pizza or chinese as I melt into the LazyBoy to enjoy two CFL football games this Thursday aftn/eve.

I really liked Wally's quote this week regarding other teams cuts. I'm bad at quotes but along the lines of 'if they weren't good enough for them, why would we want them?'.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

When/where is practice today?
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Toppy Vann wrote:When/where is practice today?
Not sure, doesn't show anything on BCLions .com ,only goes to June 20th
Bighill is Badass
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Jim Mullin had it first. Here's the official list from cfl.ca:

2007-06-23: Lions Transactions:
Lions Transactions

B.C. Lions release non-import slotback Mike Lindstrom, import wide receiver Kendrick Jones, import defensive back Lionell Green and non-import defensive back Konrad Wasiela.
lion24
Legend

Jim Mullin wrote:Lindstrom, Jones, Green, Waisela. PR not announced yet.
I thought it was Lyle Green.....disregard my comments on him being cut then :oops: :oops:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Not sure about a practice today, but there was a media availability scheduled for Surrey at 4:15.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

They are practising tomorrow with time TBA.

Will be really interesting to see who is lining up in Jones' spot with the first team.

Rodgers or Boden?
lion24
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:They are practising tomorrow with time TBA.

Will be really interesting to see who is lining up in Jones' spot with the first team.

Rodgers or Boden?
I will be predicting Rodgers as Boden seemed to only be playing special teams on Thursday or just didn't have any balls thrown to him but i didn't notice him on offence on Thursday?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The release of Kendrick Jones does not come as a surprise to me.