Giants announce new Captain for 2007

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Milan Lucic!:)

This was reported in the Sun by Lucic himself (telling reporters), which is awesome! Not really surprising, considering we could lose any of our OA's for next year in the Expansion Draft, or in the case of Neufeld or Kraus, through trades.

If Lucic has a great year, I doubt we'll see him in 2009, but hey it's a positive to have him ready to take a leadership role next season!
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Rammer
Team Captain

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:Milan Lucic!:)

This was reported in the Sun by Lucic himself (telling reporters), which is awesome! Not really surprising, considering we could lose any of our OA's for next year in the Expansion Draft, or in the case of Neufeld or Kraus, through trades.

If Lucic has a great year, I doubt we'll see him in 2009, but hey it's a positive to have him ready to take a leadership role next season!
The Giants will not be contenders in 08 unless things go very right for them, but should be a quality team and that is what you look for after spending a little extra when you are a contender.

Lucic was large this time around, he can only get better, but anytime a team wins a MC, the roster is prime picking for the NHL.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I'm somewhat surprised that they named a new captain so early.
CB123
Legend

I'm somewhat surprised that they named a new captain so early.
ahahahah it was actually even earlier. My friend is his cousin, and apperently Hay asked him to be captain a few weeks ago.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
nelson95
Legend

Hope he makes Boston
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

While we're at it, let's not forget three former Giants' stars.

Mark Fistric, who captained the Giants to their first and so far only WHL Championship. Let's see if he will finally win a spot on the Dallas Stars' active roster next season.

Gilbert Brule, who had a decent rookie season in the NHL with 19 points in 78 games with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Perhaps the most bittersweet of the three, Dustin Slade, who walked out on the Giants last November after helping them win their first WHL Championship. As a result of his abandoning the Giants, he missed out on winning the Memorial Cup this year. A superb CHL goaltender, but with a not-so-good attitude and personality.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Dustin Slade is a quitter. Looks good on him not being a member of the Memorial Cup Champions.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:Milan Lucic!:)

The Giants will not be contenders in 08 unless things go very right for them, but should be a quality team and that is what you look for after spending a little extra when you are a contender.

Lucic was large this time around, he can only get better, but anytime a team wins a MC, the roster is prime picking for the NHL.
I wouldn't count them out yet.

Sexsmith is coming back which is a huge plus, considering he's now had 7 months being #1, Blum, Regner and Toigo will all be back on the blueline, as well as Neil Manning and Dillon Scholten who in their few apperances looked good. Mikkelson might be back, but Anaheim is very high on him for some strange reason.

We'll at least have Wright, Bouma and Czibere at Centre, and possibly Bliznak or Kraus (very unlikely). On the wing, there's Lucic, Repik, Machacek and Cunningham, and throw in Evander Kane and you got yourself a good lineup.

I'm not calling them contenders, but depending on how the Expansion Draft goes (where we'll lose Neufeld or Wucky or Kraus almost for sure, while the other two will be traded most likely) the Giants could end up trading Kraus or someone else for a good D-Man who is in his Overage year.

Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

Lucic deserves the C. He had a great year this year and next year will probably be his last year with the Giants. After next year he'll probably be in Providence in my opinion
Lets Go Lions!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote: Sexsmith is coming back which is a huge plus...
So you're saying... (getting ready to run)... they're bringin' Sexy back?

(runs very fast...)
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Soundy wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote: Sexsmith is coming back which is a huge plus...
So you're saying... (getting ready to run)... they're bringin' Sexy back?

(runs very fast...)
ahahah nice