My trip to LA

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

CB123
Legend

Last week I went to LA with my Film class. The Trip cost $1500, but the film dept paid $500 per student (36 of us).

It was such a sweet trip. We got to go to High Tech High (this high school that Bill gates helps fund), its all project based and just a really cool atmosphere.

We went to a bunch of the beaches down there, and of course Disney Land and Universal Studios.

One of my schools Film/Drama dept. biggest sponsors is some big Executive at LionsGate Studios, and he hooked us up with tickets to Leno (it was so weird to see him in real life). It was awesome.

But by FAR the best part of the trip for me was going to USC! Im a huge USC Football fan, and luckily we went there to see the Cinematic Arts facilities. After we got to go see Tommy the Trojan (statue), the Trojan's bookstore (I spent like $280 American on USC merchandise), and best of all Heritage Hall where they keep all their trophies (all 7 Heisman's, the National Championships etc).

THE BEST PART OF THE TRIP...

In Heritage Hall you can go to the 2nd floor and take pictures of all the trophies from above, and when my group was leaving I thought I should run up and get some shots from above. So I ran back inside, and while I was taking pictures who did I see? Pete Carroll!!!! The Head Coach of the USC Football team!!!! I could tell he was in a rush, and was probably working out cuz he was sweating pretty heavily. I ran over to him and asked for a picture, and he said "yeah sure, ill be out in a minute" then went into his office. I waited for like 5min, and decided I had to leave cuz my group had left, and we all had to be at Leno in like 45min.

So I ran back to the bus, told everyone what happened (I was so excited), then we had to wait on the bus for another 15min for my teachers!!!! I was sooooooo crushed, cuz I could have been waiting outside Carroll's office for the picture. So I was sitting in the bus, and my friend (who comes to almost all the Lions games with me) was looking out the bus's window when he said "Is that Pete Carroll???" and I was like "dont lie to me, i'll kill you" so we ran off the bus and sure enough it was him!!!!

I ran down the block where he was getting in his assistant coaches car. I yelled his name (even though I could barley talk cuz I lost my voice at Universal/Disneyland the days before), and when I got up to him he was just laughing and I asked for a quick picture. He said "sure, but who's gonna take it?" I looked around, and there was no one there with me!!! My friend was still standing at the bus cuz he thought Carroll would just drive away... Then I called him over, and I stopped this random guy on the street, and got him to take the picture. It was so awesome, Carroll asked where we were from, and then he was like "Vancouver? We got a guy coming down from there!" I was like "yeah Trey Henderson", Carroll was like "yeah we got Canada covered now!" shook our hands, then left. It was sooooooooooooo amazing!

Here is the picture by the way
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Tighthead
Legend

Great picture. Where do you go to film school?
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

CB123 wrote:But by FAR the best part of the trip for me was going to USC! Im a huge USC Football fan, and luckily we went there to see the Cinematic Arts facilities. After we got to go see Tommy the Trojan (statue), the Trojan's bookstore (I spent like $280 American on USC merchandise), and best of all Heritage Hall where they keep all their trophies (all 7 Heisman's, the National Championships etc).
Do they still display OJ stuff there? :shock:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Great story CB123 :thup:
could see by your sig. that you are a big USC fan, must have been awesome bumping into coach Carroll!
Bighill is Badass
Rammer
Team Captain

Awesome, what a great story and now memory for you. :yes: :thup:
Entertainment value = an all time low
CB123
Legend

Great picture. Where do you go to film school?
lol I dont go to Film school, sorry if I didnt make it clear. Im still in Highschool, and I take Film class.

Do they still display OJ stuff there?
yep they still have his Heisman up. I think they even have his jersey, I dont remember though.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

In this thread, you didn't mention going to USC. So I suppose that was not planned at the time, but it turned out to be a pleasant and exciting bonus for you.

http://www.lionbackers.com/cheer/viewtopic.php?t=12318