Kidd to test Free Agency

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Tighthead
Legend

Apparently Kidd is not going to retire, and will see what comes in Free Agency. This isn't really news, but I'm sure most here wish #26 all the best. I know some will say he should retire a champ, but I seek Carl as the type who needs to be dragged from the playing field kicking and screaming. A man like Carl isn't the type to exit gracefully, and that is part of what I like and respect about him.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/ar ... 54011_2652
squishy35
Legend

He has a good two years of football left yet IMHO. Wherever he ends up, I'll be a huge fan......

even if he plays for Edmonton 8)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The news about Kidd and Thelwell does not come as a surprise. I have mixed feelings about seeing both of them sporting other team's jersey. I wish both of them good luck but not when playing the Lions.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:The news about Kidd and Thelwell does not come as a surprise. I have mixed feelings about seeing both of them sporting other team's jersey. I wish both of them good luck but not when playing the Lions.
Sadly, that is how I view our circumstances with both those two players departing ways with us after getting the GC win with the Lions. I wish the best for both, to end up in positions to contribute to their new team.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Buono told Sportsnet on Thursday that he will not offer Kidd a new contract, making the all-star linebacker a free-agent.
:bang: :x
MacNews
Team Captain

Too bad that Wally keep Kidd on if only for his ST prowess.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Walk to the Blue and Gold light Carl.......
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Tighthead
Legend

It is always better to part ways a little early than a little late....
Rammer
Team Captain

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Walk to the Blue and Gold light in the points department Carl.......
I don't think that the Bombers need Kidd, and I am sure that perogies are not on his menu list often.
OV - 54:40
Champion

Can't see Kidd getting a lot of interest from other CFL teams - maybe if he's prepared to take a decent pay-cut.
Rick James
Legend

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Walk to the Blue and Gold light Carl.......
No fricken way. :no:
Rammer
Team Captain

OV - 54:40 wrote:Can't see Kidd getting a lot of interest from other CFL teams - maybe if he's prepared to take a decent pay-cut.
I think that his last contract reduced his pay rate to about an average CFL contract, so he won't have to take much of a pay-cut and anymore he likely does hang it up.
Dan Russell
Legend

Carl will be dearly missed as I am and always will be an huge fan. Besides the Lions missing him will be even more so by the vancouver media as he was always good for classic quotes.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Carl still has some kick ass football in him.
I can't 2nd guess Wally but if I were coach, Carl would still be playing for me.
Good luck, it's going to be tough cheering against you.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I wish Carl well. He always represented the Lions with pride and was sought out by the media because of his colourful quotes. He can still play football, but I don't know which teams might use him.