How do you do Christmas?

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

When I was a preteen in a childrens home, we did presents Christmas morning, we each picked a spot, and piled up our opened gifts. Back with my Mother for a couple of yrs, again, Christmas morn. Then I went to my Foster Parents and they did gift opening Christmas eve right after supper and dishes. This was done because we went to church every Christmas morn, followed by getting together for the rest of the day with many relatives and friends, which was also done on Boxing day.

For most of my late teens and early 20's, I didnt do Christmas, then I met my wife and she and her family forced me to do the Christmas thing again on Christmas morn. Then my wife and I moved out here 15 yrs ago and joined my Foster Family in their Christmas routine again. Then we started our own with our kids on Christmas morn. Now, once again, with the in-laws here, and with family socializing at 3 different places on the 25th-27th, we have started the last two yrs doing presents on Christmas eve again.

I find that I have always enjoyed Christmas eve best. Its warmer, cozyer and calmer. It helps that we dont do Santa as our kids have been told from day one that Santa is just a story, so there is no reason to wait for Santa to do his thing. We just had a very nice time and I hope ya all have just as good a time.

Best wishes to all, and to all a good night :rockin:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
LFITQ
Team Captain

Well Christmas Eve for us is when we watch The Muppet Crhistmas Carol. It's a tradition with my wife and I. The show is still a little over the heads of our two daughters (2 and 5), but they still "watch" it all the same. When the movie is over it is time to get ready for Santa by putting out the stockings (checking where he is on the Norad website) and getting his cookies and milk ready as well as something extra for the reindeer. Kids put on their brand new Christmas PJ's, brush their teeth, we put Santa's magical key out on the door for him and the kids head to bed.

In the morning it is open stockings, then everyone head to their corners and open presents. The rest of the day is then spent visiting family or even just vegging out and relaxing.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Thanks LFITQ - I should point out that as far as Santa goes, whatever makes a childs Christmas a happy one, works for me :thup:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Decorating the Christmas tree, sitting by the fireplace, listening to Christmas music, exchanging X'mas cards and gifts, enjoying the relaxing moments before it's back to school/work.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

December 24 is the calm before the storm which is Christmas Day.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Attending a midnight church service.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Time spent with the family and enjoying good food.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Christmas Eve is spent in Michigan with my family having dinner and opening presents.

Christmas Day is spent in Cleveland with my wife's family...having dinner and opening presents.

This is the first time in five years I've been able to make the drive without fighting a snow storm.
pinkfreud

Christmas Eve is always church followed by watching It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart. I usually go through a whole box of Kleenex. First tears rolled out 9 minutes into it this year when young George Bailey saves Mr. Gower the drugist from accidentally poisoning a young boy.

:bawl:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:Christmas Eve is always church followed by watching It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart. I usually go through a whole box of Kleenex. First tears rolled out 9 minutes into it this year when young George Bailey saves Mr. Gower the drugist from accidentally poisoning a young boy.

:bawl:
thats THE Christmas movie for me....Never really did cotton to Scrooge much.

There will never be another Jimmy Stewart. There is nothing he has ever done that I havent felt it was a priveledge to be able to watch it.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

How did you all spend your:

Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
Boxing Day
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Christmas Eve - 30mins of work, 3hs of blackout conditions, which consisted of foosball, chatting with sales people and fellow warehouse people, drinking at Central City, short workout session, dinner/presents at my parents

Christmas Day - sleep until mid-afternoon, workout session, dinner at my parents

Boxing Day - sleep, dinner at my parents, starbucks run in a couple minutes.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Thanks for sharing, C4L.

Others?
Bosco
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:
Others?
What about you, Robbie? Share with the class. :roar:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Holiday Dinners * 3 :yes: