Team 1040 reporting Mitchell to Argos.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Early signs here of Mitchell's behaviour are that he is becoming unglued. This is very likely to not end well for him. There will be no NFL career - and the way he is going he is at high risk of not having a CFL career.

It is so sad to see people ruin themselves like this when he has a chance to play pro football - earn some decent money more than an average worker - and if he focuses on good play - get to the NFL.

I am seeing the lethal combination of a player now losing his grasp on the reality of his play, his conduct and how it has become a major issue and irritant who is believing in his greatness combined with some very poor advice (Mitchell's advisor Guy Gillingham told TSN 10 days after Mitchell's trade to the Argos that he was "1,000 per cent" sure the tackle would not be reporting to Toronto due to his desire to stay on the West coast.) bordering on the irresponsibly stupid.

Odds are pretty good that if he continues on this pay he will be out of football before Labour Day. He has to get a grip here. He is sounding delusional - 'my fans in Toronto' - Wakey, wakey time - you have NO fans in Toronto. You just dissed and crapped all over them.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Rammer
Team Captain

Toppy Vann wrote:Early signs here of Mitchell's behaviour are that he is becoming unglued. This is very likely to not end well for him. There will be no NFL career - and the way he is going he is at high risk of not having a CFL career.

It is so sad to see people ruin themselves like this when he has a chance to play pro football - earn some decent money more than an average worker - and if he focuses on good play - get to the NFL.

I am seeing the lethal combination of a player now losing his grasp on the reality of his play, his conduct and how it has become a major issue and irritant who is believing in his greatness combined with some very poor advice (Mitchell's advisor Guy Gillingham told TSN 10 days after Mitchell's trade to the Argos that he was "1,000 per cent" sure the tackle would not be reporting to Toronto due to his desire to stay on the West coast.) bordering on the irresponsibly stupid.

Odds are pretty good that if he continues on this pay he will be out of football before Labour Day. He has to get a grip here. He is sounding delusional - 'my fans in Toronto' - Wakey, wakey time - you have NO fans in Toronto. You just dissed and crapped all over them.
This may help your case TV. Chapman of the TEAM 1040 and The Province, reported on the TEAM this AM that Khaliff contacted Wally's daughter via some electronic messaging to say hi to her Dad... His slide may be continuing and he doesn't even realize that it is all downhill.
Entertainment value = an all time low
korey&dante4ever
Champion

korey&dante4ever wrote:The fact that we don't get to know who the neg list player is that we received in the trade is destroying my soul.

Tye Hill was my first instinct, though he's been out of the NFL for a while and probably made more than enough money being a former 1st rounder down there.

Jonathan Wade? Nate Ness? Cord Parks?. Quick wikipedia search of recent former Rams DB's.

Sigh. Let the guessing continue..
Looks like the neg list guy was cord parks. Also signed terrail lambert today

Khalif mitchell for adrian awasom and cord parks. Here we go
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
David
Team Captain

Rammer, regarding your post, I don't quite understand what Chapman was on about. If he's referring to their Twitter exchange a week ago, it all seemed quite innocent to me. Can you fill us in?

Khalif Mitchell ‏@TruthWillFree96 24 Apr @ChristieBuono tell Daddy I said Hello. And Do Not BELIEVE Everything U Read & Hear in the Media. But I Miss ya and when I come in Town...

Christie Buono ‏@ChristieBuono 24 Apr @TruthWillFree96 Oh trust me I know :) @GM_Brillo says hi and come visit say hello next week when we are back!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:Rammer, regarding your post, I don't quite understand what Chapman was on about. If he's referring to their Twitter exchange a week ago, it all seemed quite innocent to me. Can you fill us in?

Khalif Mitchell ‏@TruthWillFree96 24 Apr @ChristieBuono tell Daddy I said Hello. And Do Not BELIEVE Everything U Read & Hear in the Media. But I Miss ya and when I come in Town...

Christie Buono ‏@ChristieBuono 24 Apr @TruthWillFree96 Oh trust me I know :) @GM_Brillo says hi and come visit say hello next week when we are back!

DH :cool:
That was it, but he eluded to Mitchell being a larger problem with the tweet, however he took it out of context I see. Seems fairly innocent.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Saw brief clip of two ex-LIons saying all the right things (in Yurichuk's case anyways) about being in Argos training camp. Sure looked weird seeing both of those guys in argo colours. I really liked Yurichuk myself. Hope he continues evolving in Hogtown.........
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

God has apparently told Mitchell that he should be an Argo

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=424556
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Mitchell is too much of a drama queen for my tastes and when you have good depth and versatility on the D line, like the Lions have, then trading him to TO was a good move. GM Jim Barker will be a good mentor/father figure for the hopefully maturing Mitchell. it should be a good fit.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Unless you're the first born in Egypt...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

He is a good media quote and the part I'd be concerned if I was an Argos coach is the me part of the decision to grace the Argos with his presence. Remembering that coaches don't in TC get time to see this stuff - but a GM does and no doubt has to be a bit concerned as to how this loose cannon will perform. While we fans hang on every word, the media of course are just going for the good quote and sound bite (30 seconds) - and Khalif seems to know how to get quoted and covered.

I don't wish him poorly at all but when you hear a loose cannon talking a certain way it doesn't always show that they understand their situation well.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy