Casey Printers to the Argos?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Why are we still talking about this guy?
lion24
Legend

exactly!!!! he just signed with kc to sit on the bench and i am quite happy with dickenson and into the future with buck.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Blitz
Team Captain

because...obviously....dispite the fact that there are a few Lionbackers that have a pure hate on for him or can't stand him....he obviously either captured the interest or the hearts of a lot of Leos fans. Wally also tried to keep him and make him the Number #1 quarterback for 2006 but Printers chose to try the NFL. Kidd tried the NFL and came back as have others and Wilson is now giving it a try...so they hope that Printers will come back one day.

I've moved on and am looking forward to Buck Pierce for our Leos future but I can still understand why there is still hope for some that Printers will return. He excited a lot of fans with his play. You may not like it but until he either stays in the NFL or comes back to play for another CFL team that sentiment will not be going away for a number of Leos fans. Just the way it is...just like there are still some Leo fans that believe Dave Dickenson is the greatest quarterback since the position was invented. Different views for different folks!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
maddeep73
Champion

We will be talking about him for years to come. Love him or hate him, his stay here was full of contraversy and fans want to see how his career progresses after a insignificant year on the bench down south.

Can you imagine his first game here in double blue?? Dave vs. Casey?
Can you say 40,000? We'll be talking about him then too.
Keepin' it real
LFITQ
Team Captain

maddeep73 wrote:
With his recent sigining of a 3 year deal with KC the other day, I don't think that is going to happen now. Argos now need to focus attention elsewhere and let Casey continue his swift ride down the stream of obscurity in the NFL. But, hey at least he is IN the NFL, eh?

And as Blitz said, Lions fans need to move on look towards Buck as the future of the team. I firmly believe that Buck will be a full-fledged starting QB long before Casey anyhow...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:
maddeep73 wrote:
With his recent sigining of a 3 year deal with KC the other day, I don't think that is going to happen now. Argos now need to focus attention elsewhere and let Casey continue his swift ride down the stream of obscurity in the NFL. But, hey at least he is IN the NFL, eh?

And as Blitz said, Lions fans need to move on look towards Buck as the future of the team. I firmly believe that Buck will be a full-fledged starting QB long before Casey anyhow...
That re-signing by CP is standard format for the Chiefs, the real test is going to be when/what they do with CP in the off season. The indication is that the Chiefs value his services over a TE that was put on the PR inplace of CP. That prevents other teams from scooping him at the seasons end, which is a slight indication that the Chiefs have some interest in him for the next season. But will NFLe be the next step in the Chiefs mind and will it also be the next step in CP's quest for a start in the NFL.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rammer
Team Captain

Herm Edwards has given his word to CP about getting him on the roster for next season, meaning he should get a shot at the #2 position and at worse #3.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

The Argos are looking to sign both Mike McMahon and JT O'Sullivan, former NFLers.

Think of O'Sullivan as a Doug Nussmeier type, only not as smart and right handed.

Think of McMahon as a white Michael Bishop.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote: Think of McMahon as a white Michael Bishop.
In other words another bench warmer ?
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I expect Casey to go through another camp for the Chiefs and see what he;s learned. If he shows as poorly as he did in exhibition games this year I wiuld not be surprised to see him released at that point. But there is no way he comes back to the CFL before then.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Wally also tried to keep him and make him the Number #1 quarterback for 2006 but Printers chose to try the NFL
......and despite that fact Wally went on to win a Grey Cup with QB's that stayed behind. How much better can you do than that? Printers is gone, we won, and we are in a great position to win again next year. Is winning the GC not enough now? Do we have to win it a certain way now....with Printers?
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Herm Edwards has given his word to CP about getting him on the roster for next season, meaning he should get a shot at the #2 position and at worse #3.
Source?
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
Rammer wrote:Herm Edwards has given his word to CP about getting him on the roster for next season, meaning he should get a shot at the #2 position and at worse #3.
Source?
Dhaliwal had a CP interview with CP, that was the indication given by CP after a one to one with Herm. as he looks forward to next season with the Chiefs.
Tighthead
Legend

I hope CP and his agent are wise enough to take that sort of talk from Edwards with a grain of salt. If they were overly concerned about CPs future, they would not have left him exposed as a free agent for 16 of 17 weeks this past season, and wouldn't have waived him twice.

It's like a girlfriend who wants to be able to see other people, but still thinks you have a "real future" together.