2018 CFL Draft, Including Trades (Topics merged by Mod Staff)

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

DanoT wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:56 pm
Lions need to pick a receiver and O lineman in the first round.
Easier said than done for the receiver. There are 2 ranked in the top 14 and I think one of them will be off the board when BC picks at #3. Having acquired Bomben to fill immediate OL needs I think Montreal will take Chapman unless Hamilton beats them to it. That leaves Simonese whose stock seems to have fallen in the past year. He was ranked #7 in the original rankings for last year's draft then #4 in the December rankings until he was declared ineligible by the 2017 CFL draft due to testing positive for PEDs while at the Cincinnati Bengals camp. This year he went from #12 to #7 to a final ranking of #9. Athletically gifted he comes with a certain amount of baggage. He could be high risk, high reward to take in the first round. Might be better to use the #16 slot on a safer receiver although it's looking like a very thin crop amongst those who have been ranked in the top 20 at any point. 28 players received a top 20 ranking in the 3 listings. Only 5 were receivers and Laval's Tyronne Pierre went from #7 in September to not being ranked at all after that.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Blitz
Team Captain

I'm guessing t will be Shepley but certainly not confident it will be so.

I still am thinking we will take two offensive linemen.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It's a deep year for offensive linemen. Lions trade to move up. The tea leaves tells me that the Lions will be loading up on linemen
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hamilton selects receiver Mark Chapman with the #1 pick
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Montreal with the 2nd pick selects offenive lineman Trey Rutherford
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

TheLionKing wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:47 pm
It's a deep year for offensive linemen. Lions trade to move up. The tea leaves tells me that the Lions will be loading up on linemen
Question is do they go after a DL like Laurent at 3 or OL. There will be good OL at 7. I doubt Laurent will still be there.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

BC Lions select Peter Godber ofensive lineman
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ottawa picks offensive lineman Mark Korte
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Riders pick offensive lineman Dakota Shepley
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ti-Cats with their 2nd first round pick slects another offensive lineman Darius Ciraco
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

BC picks defensive lineman Julien Laurent - first defensive player to be selected
Blitz
Team Captain

I liked our two choices. Ed Hervey has done a good job so far on this 2018 draft.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The run on offensive linemen continues as Calgary picks Ryan Scevior
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

With then final pick of the 1st round Argos pick another offensive lineman Ryan Hunter
CardiacKid
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:34 pm
Riders pick offensive lineman Dakota Shepley
Rolling the dice on this pick, given that he recently signed a NFL contract. Jones is risking his National content with his habit of picking “futures”.