Let's pack the dome for the WSF ! WSF ticket sales thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dawg3648
Rookie

Hey Malcolm, your whining is getting to be a little annoying. There are lots of good seats on TM right now. Game is four days away. You wouldn't be a troll would you?..... So please go buy some and we'll see ya Sunday or kindly zip it.
Qman
Champion

J5V wrote:Are all the tickets being sold being bought through the Lions' box office ? Because as far as I can tell they are not selling many of them on TM.
the shaded endzone seats are moving pretty good, the sunny endzone aren't moving ... although that likely doesn't matter now given we are in the rainy season now.
malcolmm
prospect

dawg3648 wrote:Hey Malcolm, your whining is getting to be a little annoying. There are lots of good seats on TM right now. Game is four days away. You wouldn't be a troll would you?..... So please go buy some and we'll see ya Sunday or kindly zip it.
As you wish. I did eventually get good 30-40 yard line tickets after checking the TM website about ten times over the last few days and calling the Lions office three times and finally getting to talk to a human.

There are a very few okay tickets around the 20 yard line on TM now as you said, first time I've seen that. Still not seats I would buy.

And no, I am not a troll. Do you really think the average customer would go through all the roadblocks the Lions put up to buy good seats.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

malcolmm wrote:
dawg3648 wrote:Don't even bother with TicketMaster. Call Lions sales directly - 604 589-7627.
I called the Lions sales office just now. Even worse than Ticket Master. Everything is by interactive voice response so trying to buy a ticket is pretty much impossible, I gave up after a few minutes of voice prompts. You can't talk to an actual human being.

One of my two friends has given up on going to the game. I'm leaning towards giving up as well. Nobody but a hard core BC Lions fan would put up with this nonsense.
What nonsense? It's safe to assume that the Lions office is being swamped and the more people who refuse to go through Ticketmaster the more swamped they will be. The slowest route possible to get tickets will be to keep trying the Lions office. That's not a knock on the staff there but rather acknowledgement that it takes a lot more time to process an order given the caller usually needs the rep to play the "how about these seats" game with them through 7 or 8 different seat options. Anybody who's stood in a walkup ticket line understands how painful it can be when people ahead of them go through the exercise of "those seats are too low, those seats are too high, do you have something closer to the aisle, how much are those, what do you have in cheaper sections, etc, etc". And that's with the agent having a map in front of them to show the customer. Imagine trying to do that over the phone. On average it's going to take upwards of 10 minutes to process every sale through to payment. I can't speak for what the reps are working with but I suspect it's the exact same Ticketmaster map you see online so while you're sitting on hold there's a bunch more being sold and removed from inventory.

I looked at Ticketmaster's map around 6:30 this morning and saw some pairs and 4 together higher up in my section 242. They weren't there yesterday and are gone now. Back down to a handful of singles in 242 and that likely reflects reality as it is heavily populated with ST holders. I check availability close to my seats frequently during the season in case friends might be considering coming in for a game. What I see right now from 239 thru 244 is typical of what I would see during the season. If you think suddenly good pairs or larger blocks of seats are going to pop up between the 20s you will be sadly disappointed. Either have to grab one of the few remaining sets where seats are one in front of the other as opposed to beside each other or while you can grab the best seats outside the 20s online.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
dawg3648
Rookie

Sorry Bud, but you kinda come across as a bit of a whiner. Maybe it's just me. Enjoy the game.
Qman
Champion

malcolmm wrote:
dawg3648 wrote:Hey Malcolm, your whining is getting to be a little annoying. There are lots of good seats on TM right now. Game is four days away. You wouldn't be a troll would you?..... So please go buy some and we'll see ya Sunday or kindly zip it.
As you wish. I did eventually get good 30-40 yard line tickets after checking the TM website about ten times over the last few days and calling the Lions office three times and finally getting to talk to a human.

There are a very few okay tickets around the 20 yard line on TM now as you said, first time I've seen that. Still not seats I would buy.

And no, I am not a troll. Do you really think the average customer would go through all the roadblocks the Lions put up to buy good seats.
Again, if you want top end seats become a season ticket holder -or- buy on stubhub.
All those tickets were bought by "lionbackers" last december who really, really wanted them.

This is not news, it been that way for a long, long time.

That the whole reason for limiting capacity is so people are forced to become season ticket holders if they want good seats.
Lionmaster
prospect

I went directly to the Lions office in Surrey. It took 5 minutes and I had tickets in hand.
louharris74
Rookie

To say that there is not a bad seat in the lower bowl is not accurate at all. I have sat in the upper corner endzone seats once, it was like being in a mushroom barn it was so dark with the upper deck hanging over us. Could barely see the big screen. Would NEVER do that again.

The other endzone seats are much brighter but of course the viewing angles suck and you only get the 1/3 of the big screen view. I would never buy those seats at the prices the Lions are asking.

Gets back to something I truly believe in - seats on one side of the upper deck, between the 20's, say the first 15 rows, should always be available for sale. I would sit up there every time. Football is meant to be watched from above. It is not soccer.

All that said, I picked up 2 tickets this afternoon (on Ticketmaster) top row of Section 216, which is around the 30 yard line, opponent's bench side. With all the extra fees those tickets are $100 each, but a price I am willing to pay for the Western Semi-Final. Not a price I would pay for a regular season game, especially the first half of the schedule. As MANY have said before, the Lions ticket pricing structure for the regular season is out of whack / too high.

Nonetheless, looking forward to being at the game on Sunday to cheer the boys on. Go Leos !! :rockin:
Qman
Champion

Qman wrote:
malcolmm wrote:
dawg3648 wrote:Don't even bother with TicketMaster. Call Lions sales directly - 604 589-7627.
I called the Lions sales office just now. Even worse than Ticket Master. Everything is by interactive voice response so trying to buy a ticket is pretty much impossible, I gave up after a few minutes of voice prompts. You can't talk to an actual human being.

One of my two friends has given up on going to the game. I'm leaning towards giving up as well. Nobody but a hard core BC Lions fan would put up with this nonsense.
The only way to ensure top tickets for BC lions games is to be a season ticket holder ... thats the way its been for 10 years.

If you want to sit on the 25 their are 4 seats together on both sides. If you want 55yd line only option is Stubhub ... its been that way for 10 years even for regular season games.
Only thing i can say is they usually release couple hundred sideline tickets 2 days before the game which they holdback for opponent players & CFL sponsors.

There is no bad seat in the lower bowl
As i noted above a few days ago, the Lions released couple hundred sideline tickets between 10s tonite. Some are 55yd line
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Qman wrote:As i noted above a few days ago, the Lions released couple hundred sideline tickets between 10s tonite. Some are 55yd line
Yes, there are lots of pairs, even three or four in a row, between the 30 yard lines.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Ugh! There are a ton of tickets left. Really looks no different than most of the regular season games. The one end zone is not even half sold. Sure wish the Lions would have offered some kind of 4-for-$99 deal through one of their sponsors to move some of those seats especially with such a tight time frame to sell this game.
At this stage I will be happy with anything above 20,000.
squishy35
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:Ugh! There are a ton of tickets left. Really looks no different than most of the regular season games. The one end zone is not even half sold. Sure wish the Lions would have offered some kind of 4-for-$99 deal through one of their sponsors to move some of those seats especially with such a tight time frame to sell this game.

https://www.stubhub.com/b-c-lions-ticke ... =price+asc

Tickets available at Stub Hub......
Qman
Champion

SammyGreene wrote:Ugh! There are a ton of tickets left. Really looks no different than most of the regular season games. The one end zone is not even half sold. Sure wish the Lions would have offered some kind of 4-for-$99 deal through one of their sponsors to move some of those seats especially with such a tight time frame to sell this game.
200 or so prime seats they released yesterday will probably be gone by tomorrow.
6 days is not enough time to move 27000 seats, thats why SF are tough sells. I'm still predicting around 22k .. normal regular season crowd. looks like we are already around 20k mark
J5V
Rookie

Do they not have a computer at Team 1040 ? They're debating whether the upper bowl will be used when there is at least a third of the lower bowl still available. Forget the upper bowl- at this rate the crowd size will be an embarrassment.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

J5V wrote:Do they not have a computer at Team 1040 ? They're debating whether the upper bowl will be used when there is at least a third of the lower bowl still available. Forget the upper bowl- at this rate the crowd size will be an embarrassment.
Great. So if 21-22,000 show up on Sunday that will be a bigger discussion throughout the day on Monday than the game itself. This is why as small part of me didn't care if the Bombers ended up in 2nd.

A tight time frame and too many tickets to sell (with no discounted deals) for a semi-final game added up to trouble. Winnipeg doesn't seem to be a great draw either. Not even 20,000 for their visit back in October despite a thrilling game a week earlier.
It's going to be pretty disheartening for the players to come out of the tunnel if there are large pockets of empty corner and end zone seats. Maybe the Lions will pull another Tim Horton's ticket giveaway on the weekend?