Eskimos vs. Lions Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Beautiful pass by Buck and beautiful catch by Arceneaux for a touchdown
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

3 possessions and 3 TDs.. wowl..

Gives the DEF something to play for now
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Apart from when he got caught cheating on the first play of the game, this is the best game Larose has had as a Lion.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Credit where it's due. JR Larose is having a helluva game.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:Credit where it's due. JR Larose is having a helluva game.
X3
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:Apart from when he got caught cheating on the first play of the game, this is the best game Larose has had as a Lion.
As Don Matthews told suitor in sask.. do your assignment but at times play the play. Larose tonight is doing that..

But if this OFF did not reply .. the DEF would be less than inspired as they are now.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

I was wondering if they were ever going to call No Yards in this game. Both teams have gotten away with about half a dozen tonight.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Benevides not happy at the lineman losing contain allowing Reilly to run gor a 1st down
Heathcliff
Rookie

Tremendous leadership by Buck on those first two Lions TDs, this is exactly what our offense has been missing. At the execution level, anyway!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Makes you wonder why he didn't see any action last week
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Attendance 24, 435
bbang
Starter

happy with the comeback, but we are going to need a lot more execution to beat calgary or sask.
"My job is to kick your ass " - Wally Buono
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I have no issue with them taking Buck out to go their designated no. 1 QB Demarco who has made it clear to BC that he believes in the ONE QB system and he plays or sits but for short yardage BUT I do have a problem with the taking out of Pierce coinciding with the sentiment of the Lions that the game is over and done with despite them getting them getting a late TD.

This is on the HC who has to instill in his team that they aren't good enough to let down. I am not asking for them to run up the score but they really needed to play hard for the balance of the 60 minutes as it is huge right now to get into the playoffs on a high.

Great to see Buck show their no. 1 guy what a pro does. He is too much thinking he can just be a passer. Not that we want Demarco showing high risk runs. We don't as the CFL is not protecting QBs fully and few are running high risk in this part of the season as the head hunters won that one.

Buck got Harris and Arceneaux into the mix tonight. Moore no catches from anyone.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Well, I had hoped to see a Lions blowout and I think tonights second half/final score could be termed that but........

The offence really struggled and continued to do so with Buck. It was Logan, IMO, who lit the fire (sparked by LaRose). Watching him, you could feel an energy and it was exciting to watch. Harris struggled running at times but he went home with at least two TD's.

Watching this defence is just fun. LaRose getting his first INT! IIRC, that is FIRST period college or pro! Parks had a usual good solid game. Biggie and SOl-E, seperated at birth? They seemed to clean up each others mess, when one was made but usually SMASHED the poor Esk with the ball. Its obvious these guys are on the same page. And even the new guy, Chism? Missed one tackle right in front of us that then went for a first down but all in all, solid game, IMO. Certainly was able to lower the shoulder and make the guy pay for catching the ball. And of course, Marsh had another one of those big hits too.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Attendance 24, 435
24,545 according to this LU report. But either way our worst crowd of the year, right after our best. Not that we were ever going to come close to the latter tonight, but surely we squandered a fair bit of sales momentum with our last three outings.

With our next (final) home game in just seven days ordinarily I'd say this quick turnaround would shrink the crowd 2nd time around, but maybe our result tonight might help reverse this. Wondering if naming Buck as starter ASAP would translate at the gate after his success in relief of DeMarco's Q1 ineffectiveness.

Speaking of which... how do we NOT go with Buck next week and thereafter given (a) tonight's result, (b) he's the most experienced (incl playoff experience) of our healthy QBs, and (c) the fact that we should have a QB who isn't too rusty pulling the trigger for us in the playoffs? I'm assuming Lulay is done for the year.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.