Let's pack the dome for the WSF ! WSF ticket sales thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

First ticket update. A little underwhelming total and shows how much works needs to be done in the next 5 days even to get the crowd into the mid-20s. I reckon a lot of that business yesterday was mostly season ticket holders purchasing before the 5 p.m. deadline.

Lions must still be blocking a lot of good sideline seats (especially on visitors side around the 20s) on the ticketmaster seating chart.
NEWS1130SPORTS:#BCLions have sold 11,000 tickets for Sunday's home playoff game vs Winnipeg. 7,000 tickets sold yesterday.
Lower bowl has to be sold out by Wed-Thurs for the upper bowl at B.C Place to be opened up. #BCLions.
That's putting the cart way ahead of the horse.
dawg3648
Rookie

Are they extending cutoff to STH from 5:00pm last night? If not then why have they not been released. TM shows app. 3-4K seats remaining in Lower Bowl on website. Which would be app 23,000 sold if accurate. Thats a big disparity. Where are the other 12,000 seats? I'm confused.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

dawg3648 wrote:Are they extending cutoff to STH from 5:00pm last night? If not then why have they not been released. TM shows app. 3-4K seats remaining in Lower Bowl on website. Which would be app 23,000 sold if accurate. Thats a big disparity. Where are the other 12,000 seats? I'm confused.

Agreed. Very confusing. So that 11,000 ticket count would reflect an inventory of roughly 16,000 seats remaining but I can't right now buy 4 $83 coaches sideline seats on Ticketmaster as the one earlier post pointed out?

The 4,000 sold before yesterday seems like a very low number. It didn't look good for the Lions clinching 2nd until two weekends ago (I secured mine after the win in Regina) but that's an awful lot of STHs that waited until Monday.
Qman
Champion

SammyGreene wrote:
dawg3648 wrote:Are they extending cutoff to STH from 5:00pm last night? If not then why have they not been released. TM shows app. 3-4K seats remaining in Lower Bowl on website. Which would be app 23,000 sold if accurate. Thats a big disparity. Where are the other 12,000 seats? I'm confused.

Agreed. Very confusing. So that 11,000 ticket count would reflect an inventory of roughly 16,000 seats remaining but I can't right now buy 4 $83 coaches sideline seats on Ticketmaster as the one earlier post pointed out?

The 4,000 sold before yesterday seems like a very low number. It didn't look good for the Lions clinching 2nd until two weekends ago (I secured mine after the win in Regina) but that's an awful lot of STHs that waited until Monday.
Based off what Ticketmaster is showing:
- Many season seat holders bought the additional seat at the SSH-discount, thus all the seats between the goalline are gone vs what would normally be showing for a regular season game
- They don't have alot of season seat holders in the endzones, thus all the inventory. This looks like an average regular season game looks like at game time this year, so it kinda makes sense ... so they have 5 days to sell the remaining seats
- looks like 21000 sold and 6000 left ... although lots of blue dots are disappearing just since last night and this morning

Based on the 11,000 number:
- they haven't released all the season ticket seats on ticketmaster and extended the deadline

I don't know what to believe ?????
My prediction was a normal regular season crowd in the 22k range ... the WSF is a notorious tough sell because you only have 6 days to sell it
malcolmm
prospect

Typical BC Lions marketing screwup.

My friends and I are still waiting to buy some good seats. The best seats for three people (or even two) are on the 20 yard line about four rows from the back, $88 each plus fees. No thanks, if I'm going to pay almost $100 I might as well pay a bit more and get good seats. But of course there aren't any available, at least not currently.

Other friends of my friends have given up on waiting for good seats and ended up buying seats in the end zone. Lost revenue for the Lions. I may end up doing the same or miss going and watch it on TV.
dawg3648
Rookie

Don't even bother with TicketMaster. Call Lions sales directly - 604 589-7627.
malcolmm
prospect

dawg3648 wrote:Don't even bother with TicketMaster. Call Lions sales directly - 604 589-7627.
Thanks, I might do that. I do prefer to buy through Ticketmaster so I can see where the seats are and discuss with my friends what seats are available as I am purchasing them.

Customers shouldn't have to jump through hoops like this to access the product. If good tickets have been sold out already then open the upper deck. If they are available but being held back, then make them available to the general public. As a tax payer who like all BC tax papers paid for the upgrades to BC Place stadium, I'm annoyed that the facility is being used so poorly.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

malcolmm wrote:
dawg3648 wrote:Don't even bother with TicketMaster. Call Lions sales directly - 604 589-7627.
Thanks, I might do that. I do prefer to buy through Ticketmaster so I can see where the seats are and discuss with my friends what seats are available as I am purchasing them.

Customers shouldn't have to jump through hoops like this to access the product. If good tickets have been sold out already then open the upper deck. If they are available but being held back, then make them available to the general public. As a tax payer who like all BC tax papers paid for the upgrades to BC Place stadium, I'm annoyed that the facility is being used so poorly.
It's part of what happens when so many ST holders wait until the deadline to decide they want in. It puts the team in between the rock and the hard place trying to make sure their most valued commodity, the season ticket holder, is dealt with first ahead of the casual buyer.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
malcolmm
prospect

Hambone wrote:
malcolmm wrote:

It's part of what happens when so many ST holders wait until the deadline to decide they want in. It puts the team in between the rock and the hard place trying to make sure their most valued commodity, the season ticket holder, is dealt with first ahead of the casual buyer.
I agree that season ticket holders should get first priority. But I think season ticket holders would agree that getting a good crowd is a valuable goal. I was under the impression that season ticket holders had until Monday night to choose their tickets. It's Tuesday afternoon now and there are few tickets available on Ticketmaster. If the Lions announced that tickets will be released to the general public by a certain day/time I have no problem waiting, but I have no idea what is happening and my friends (who are casual Lions fans) are losing interest.

I'm mostly annoyed because I am a big Lions fan. Although I don't have seasons tickets I usually go to a few games a year. I like to see a big crowd at the games because it improves the atmosphere and of course it helps the Lions. From my point of view the Lions are doing everything in their power to make people jump through as many hoops as possible to spend their money.
b_man360
Rookie

what side of the stadium is the lions bench??? thanks.
come on and roar you lions roar!!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

b_man360 wrote:what side of the stadium is the lions bench??? thanks.
North side section 241
David
Team Captain

There seems to be a misperception among the players that more tickets have been sold than actually appears to be the case. If the Ticketmaster map is anything to go by, I would generously estimate only about 16K tickets have been sold. That's even assuming the NEWS1130 number of 11K from this morning was incorrect.

Yet players like Mike Edem in interviews are talking about "just to hear our lower deck is sold out, we're excited" (what?) and "I'm excited to see B.C. Place packed and hear the noise." I've heard similar from other players too about the expectation of a big crowd. We're setting them up for a huge disappointment when they come out of the tunnel if ticket sales don't pick up dramatically.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
J5V
Rookie

Are all the tickets being sold being bought through the Lions' box office ? Because as far as I can tell they are not selling many of them on TM.
malcolmm
prospect

I called the Lions sales office just now. Even worse than Ticket Master. Everything is by interactive voice response so trying to buy a ticket is pretty much impossible, I gave up after a few minutes of voice prompts. You can't talk to an actual human being.

One of my two friends has given up on going to the game. I'm leaning towards giving up as well. Nobody but a hard core BC Lions fan would put up with this nonsense.
Qman
Champion

malcolmm wrote:
I called the Lions sales office just now. Even worse than Ticket Master. Everything is by interactive voice response so trying to buy a ticket is pretty much impossible, I gave up after a few minutes of voice prompts. You can't talk to an actual human being.

One of my two friends has given up on going to the game. I'm leaning towards giving up as well. Nobody but a hard core BC Lions fan would put up with this nonsense.
The only way to ensure top tickets for BC lions games is to be a season ticket holder ... thats the way its been for 10 years.

If you want to sit on the 25 their are 4 seats together on both sides. If you want 55yd line only option is Stubhub ... its been that way for 10 years even for regular season games.
Only thing i can say is they usually release couple hundred sideline tickets 2 days before the game which they holdback for opponent players & CFL sponsors.

There is no bad seat in the lower bowl