Grey Cup Tickets

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

dupsdell1 wrote:looks like they have given tickets away check out ticket master upper deck top rows are going fast.
Exactly what I thought when I saw that last night. At first blush it made no sense that suddenly so many of those tickets were gone while lower rows in the same section were still available.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

News1130 reports that 1,000 tickets were sold Monday, mostly locally.
dupsdell1
Champion

Good news if that happens a day ( excluding Sunday) that is 6000 tickets that would be 52,000 sold by Sat night.
Ravi
Legend

Here is a positive column from Cam Cole about this Grey Cup in Vancouver: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/11/ ... for-alarm/. His capacity for Toronto is incorrect. Somehow, football capacity has shrunk from around 53k for the last Grey Cup played at SkyDome two years ago and that seems to be related to the all but dead Bills in Toronto series where capacity shrunk by the game. 53k still seems to be the capacity in Toronto for Canadian football and 47k for American football.
JohnHenry
Champion

Here's a funny and informative "Hoser's Guide to the Grey Cup!"

http://www.bluebastard.ca/?p=1626
TheBlueBastard
prospect

Glad you liked The Hoser's Guide! If you've got any good tips lemme know! See you guys tomorrow night!
dupsdell1
Champion

TheBlueBastard wrote:Glad you liked The Hoser's Guide! If you've got any good tips lemme know! See you guys tomorrow night!

jst heard the Chairmen of the grey cup committee on 1040 , said that tickets will be dispirited evenly to the military what ever is left on Saturday night.

so it will be very close to a sell out I say 52,000
dupsdell1
Champion

dupsdell1 wrote:
TheBlueBastard wrote:Glad you liked The Hoser's Guide! If you've got any good tips lemme know! See you guys tomorrow night!

jst heard the Chairmen of the grey cup committee on 1040 , said that tickets will be dispirited evenly to the military what ever is left on Saturday night.

so it will be very close to a sell out I say 52,000

Organizers: 4,300 Grey Cup tickets remain unsold

VANCOUVER — Grey Cup organizers say about 4,300 tickets remain unsold for Sunday’s game between the Calgary Stampeders and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

Jamie Pitblado, 102nd Grey Cup Festival general manager, said Wednesday there was a spike in sales after the two clubs advanced with playoff victories on Sunday, but added there are still plenty of seats available.

"We’re definitely headed in the right direction," he said. "(We) will keep focused and keep working with the teams and their fans to make sure we can accommodate whatever requests and needs are coming in."

The last three Grey Cup games have featured the host team, but the B.C. Lions were eliminated in the first round of the 2014 post-season, while the Saskatchewan Roughriders and their rabid fanbase were also knocked out at the same stage.

That has made the job of selling the game at the 54,500-seat B.C. Place Stadium more difficult, along with the fact that Vancouver also hosted the Grey Cup just three years ago.

"I think the excitement’s building," said Pitblado. "I think it’s building for more than just the game, but the festival as well — the whole experience."

Prior to the East and West Division finals there were about 6,500 tickets left to sell. As of Wednesday, the remaining 4,300 seats were mostly in the corners of the upperdeck and priced around $250 apiece.

"(Sales) are starting to pick up again," said Pitblado. "We’re kind of where we want to be, where we expected to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The spirit is definitely revving up. The volunteers were picking up their accreditations and uniforms yesterday and the rest of the week. Two boxes of Wilson "Game Balls" were delivered yesterday.
dupsdell1
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:The spirit is definitely revving up. The volunteers were picking up their accreditations and uniforms yesterday and the rest of the week. Two boxes of Wilson "Game Balls" were delivered yesterday.

Sarcastic
dupsdell1
Champion

Just heard from a friend of mine that just arrived for the game from Hamilton , they had a send off for the tiger cats, on Tuesday morning , and said there must have been close to 3000 people there.

he asked me if the lions got into the cup and went to another city if Vancouver have done that , I said no I can never think of a time when they did , but if they did would probably see no more than about 100 people.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:The spirit is definitely revving up. The volunteers were picking up their accreditations and uniforms yesterday and the rest of the week. Two boxes of Wilson "Game Balls" were delivered yesterday.

Sarcastic
Why is it sarcastic ??
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:Just heard from a friend of mine that just arrived for the game from Hamilton , they had a send off for the tiger cats, on Tuesday morning , and said there must have been close to 3000 people there.

he asked me if the lions got into the cup and went to another city if Vancouver have done that , I said no I can never think of a time when they did , but if they did would probably see no more than about 100 people.
Did you ask him if they felt they were maybe a little too ambitious about moving into that new stadium with its vast 24k capacity?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
dupsdell1
Champion

sj-roc wrote:
dupsdell1 wrote:Just heard from a friend of mine that just arrived for the game from Hamilton , they had a send off for the tiger cats, on Tuesday morning , and said there must have been close to 3000 people there.

Did you ask him if they felt they were maybe a little too ambitious about moving into that new stadium with its vast 24k capacity?

Yes but they had to do something because Hamilton could not get an identity
David
Team Captain

I'm not sure of your point. Are you suggesting Hamilton's a better football town than Vancouver? Maybe you can share their attendance numbers from the past 10 years.

While the send-off is nice, it's easier to galvanize fans in small markets for that sort of thing. Especially under-dog teams that haven't gone to too many Grey Cups in the past decade. How many fans saw the Stampeders off?? Not many I'll bet.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar