Alouettes vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

Good combination of quick passing out of the pocket and some sprint outs, lots of motion. Using Harris both outside and inside so far in the run game. Harris is being spied by Chip Cox so difficult to get yards on the swing pass.

Lions went double tights with Lumbala and Myddleton and good protection. We are using Arsenault more inside this game and Lumbala as a tight end rather than off-set in the backfield.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Impressive looking drive
Blitz
Team Captain

Wow, quick swing pass to Haidara....was waiting for us to use him.. he is a big target, rather than Iannuzzi..what you need against the blitz...Harris was used as a flanker on the play.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Blitz
Team Captain

Lots of time for Lulay and we had Moore open and missed him.
LadnerLion
Rookie

Great drive, too bad we had to settle for the field goal. hopefully we can build on this
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Unfortunately we settle for another field goal. Keeping Montreal in the game
Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Unfortunately we settle for another field goal. Keeping Montreal in the game

We should have had it...we're leaving points out there. Troy Smith in for Montreal..they are trying to give us a different look. Our defense has four two and outs for the last 5 Montreal attempts and our offence has mostly had great field position. We've had an opportunity to run away with this game early...but a dropped shotgun snap, a couple of missed passes, and Lulay trying to run rather than pass on a second and five and all we have are a couple of field goals and a safety.

Nothing wrong with the scheme so far as far as Im concerned.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

1st quartet stats: BC 46 yards, Montreal 2 yards
Blitz
Team Captain

There is the quick toss left to Harris..for good yardage.. ..the play I called for in the keys to the game...usually they don't blitz from the left side.
Blitz
Team Captain

DeMarco is frightening in his lack of push on third down sneaks
Blitz
Team Captain

Valli puts us back in a hole with a holding penalty but Gore fights for a tough catch while being well covered.
Disturber
Champion

Touchdown :beer:
Go Lions!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Great catch and run by Courtney Taylor
Blitz
Team Captain

Lulay has tons of time to throw and Taylor beast Chip Cox for a 58 yard gain.

Gore out jumps his defender with no safety over the middle. Lulay backed up in the pocket to buy extra time for the throw. A smart play to throw over the middle deep with no safety in there to help.
LadnerLion
Rookie

All our receivers making good, hard catches right now