Say Goodbye to Chapball?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Anglophone
All Star

2 years is a bad idea, I think. We saw what happens when Chapdelaine gets complacent in the first 5 games of this season. If the threat of being fired is diminished by the extra year we would have to foot his salary, it will lower the incentive to keep calling good plays.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:Chapdelaine will meet with Benevides to discuss his future, according to News1130:
News1130Sports News1130 Sports
Lions coach Mike Benevides will meet with OC Jacques Chapdelaine soon. The 2 will talk about his future.
News1130Sports News1130 Sports
Chapdelaine wants 2 year deal from B.C. Gm Wally Buono only gives assistants 1 year deals.
First major decision for Benevides. Will he make an exception and offer Chapdelaine a 2 year contract or will he offer all his assistants a 2 year contracts ?
I would think that the decision comes from the GM department, perhaps on suggestion from the HC. If things don't work out, you can always give JC the receiver coach position for the second year of the contract. :cool:
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I was under the impression that Benevides has the authority from Wally to hire his own staff. If that is the case, the decision rest with Benevides.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:I was under the impression that Benevides has the authority from Wally to hire his own staff. If that is the case, the decision rest with Benevides.
He may have the authority to hire whom he wants to, but to secure JC for two seasons would be the Gm'S call I am guessing.
Entertainment value = an all time low
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:Madani:

#BCLions OC Jacques Chapdelaine has interviewed, and been offered, the head coaching job with the Bishop's University #Gaiters. #CFL
Good for him. He'll do a great job and I wish him well.
I wish him all the best, and the happiest of days as well...

He will excell there.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I was under the impression that Benevides has the authority from Wally to hire his own staff. If that is the case, the decision rest with Benevides.
It is like any organization when someone gets promoted to a senior role. Your boss has to approve the picks or you got a problem.

In the football world I think it is like how Tilllman says it: the HC picks his staff but the GM gets a say in approving first of all - the coaching structure (ie is the HC also DC or OC - ET doesn't let that happen) and then approve the people.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy