Christmas Presents - Do You Re-gift?

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Dexter_h

1) No i do not regift

2) I rip the paper off without care
Charlene

okay i re-gifted.

It was some chocolates. I got tons of chocolate from someone, and i took a package of one and wrapped it up for my step-dad.

I'm so ashamed.

But if i ate all the chocolate, i would gain 500 lbs and then i wouldn't be able to fit in the seats at BC Place...so really, it was for Lions that i did this.

Yeah...that's it. :roll:
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Charlene wrote:okay i re-gifted.

It was some chocolates. I got tons of chocolate from someone, and i took a package of one and wrapped it up for my step-dad.

I'm so ashamed.

But if i ate all the chocolate, i would gain 500 lbs and then i wouldn't be able to fit in the seats at BC Place...so really, it was for Lions that i did this.

Yeah...that's it. :roll:
btw, nice sig! :wink:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Charlene

thanks, i thought you'd like it! :rockin:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Charlene wrote: But if i ate all the chocolate, i would gain 500 lbs and then i wouldn't be able to fit in the seats at BC Place...so really, it was for Lions that i did this.
You'll be on the field shoreing up our offensive line. Imagine how long Joe Montford is going to take to get to our quarterback. :wink:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Since Christmas is almost here and I'm sure some of you have received some presents already, I'm going to revive this thread.

Who would like to confess that they have already taken a peek at their Christmas presents? :mac:

And for those of you who receive a present that you do not like or have no need for, are you going to re-gift them as Christmas presents to others from you? :twisted:
bbgirl
Legend

I re-gift if 1- I already have the item 2- if I receive a large quantity of an item (10 tubes of lip gloss or a pack of 12 bars of soap have been the most recent), I will keep some for myself and give out the remainders as small gifts or stocking stuffers.

I tear the hell out of wrapping paper. Unless I'm trying to be polite, then I might go at it medium hard.
Rammer
Team Captain

bbgirl wrote:I re-gift if 1- I already have the item 2- if I receive a large quantity of an item (10 tubes of lip gloss or a pack of 12 bars of soap have been the most recent), I will keep some for myself and give out the remainders as small gifts or stocking stuffers.

I tear the hell out of wrapping paper. Unless I'm trying to be polite, then I might go at it medium hard.
Tommy must of liked that one, but S17 moreso. :twisted:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Bosco
Team Captain

Steve - don't consider this as an old thread....just "retro". :roll:
Charlene

Steve is a party pooper
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Its a re-gifted thread. :wink:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Any parent who says they haven't "re-gifted" in the endless circle of kids' birthday parties isn't being very truthful. (Back me up here, Phil!) Whenever my wife feels guilty about it, I just remind her that our kids have probably received plenty of "re-gifts" themselves. It's a little like feeling bad about your kids possibly giving their cold to other kids at school -- where do you think they got it in the first place? :wink:

I had never heard it called, "the earliest form of re-cycling" before. Gotta remember that...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Charlene

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Its a re-gifted thread. :wink:
:lol: I thought that was funnier than it probably is, lol.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:Steve - don't consider this as an old thread....just "retro".
:whs:
Any parent who says they haven't "re-gifted" in the endless circle of kids' birthday parties isn't being very truthful. (Back me up here, Phil!) Whenever my wife feels guilty about it, I just remind her that our kids have probably received plenty of "re-gifts" themselves.
You just have to make sure you are not setting a bad example for your kids if you yourself think there is anything unethical about re-gifting. And be sure that your kids to not tell the recipient that the present is a re-gift.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionut wrote:Any parent who says they haven't "re-gifted" in the endless circle of kids' birthday parties isn't being very truthful. (Back me up here, Phil!) Whenever my wife feels guilty about it, I just remind her that our kids have probably received plenty of "re-gifts" themselves. It's a little like feeling bad about your kids possibly giving their cold to other kids at school -- where do you think they got it in the first place? :wink:

I had never heard it called, "the earliest form of re-cycling" before. Gotta remember that...
I can't recall re-gifting for the kids parties, sorry. My kids get involved with the purchase process, so that would eliminate some of their fun. And if they knew it was re-gifted, they would likely spill the beans, much to my embarassment.
Entertainment value = an all time low