Als 23 @ Leos 13 - Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:Post game interview with Arceneaux proves my point on character.

Respects NO ONE on the Als DEF!! What a piece of crap that statement is

Burns and Moj ripped the heck of him.

Burns has developed into a top notch analyst. He points out we're too small on the DL...

Great show - better than the game.
Farhan now taking his turn to rip Manny. Deserved.

I didn't hear Tedford say it myself but have heard Moj relay JT's words a few times describing that INT play, "Their guy dove for the ball, our guy didn't."
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

This is Wally's team, top to bottom.

I am starting to wonder if Tedford is fitting right in as one of Wally's boys. The team reflects Wally way more than it does Tedford. The players got used to Wally on the rooftop or on the tower with Benevides as Head Coach. Perhaps the players sense that Wally is still the guy. Does he not issue the fines for dead ball fouls? Has he not made his shadow more than evident regarding how we play defence? Do we not play the same offence he has preferred since his days in Calgary? And this despite a new Head Coach, one acknowledged to be a creative offensive thinker.

So far it still looks like Wally's team, same as when Benny was HC.

* Offence. Uninspiring. The O Line has done rather well protecting Lulay. And when teams do not stack the box to take Harris out of the game, our running game has looked vigorous.

* Defence. A sieve. A sieve against the run. 251 yards tonight. A sieve against the pass. 4 man rush. 8 men back in zone defence. Do any fans still believe in this system? Did Wally bringing in Sekeres to show him how excellent our pass rush is convince anybody that our defensive philosophy is sound in this day and age of CFL football?

* STs. Can't cover kicks. Logan had tons of yardage called back. Can't break any long ones ourselves. At least nice old Ned Flanders did not have his ST coach trick us on STs.

* Personnel. Worst in the league at this point. Internationals. Receivers have been abysmal. Explosive International running backs? No. And our National depth is so poor we have to use Andrew Harris, all alone, a National, as our offence. If he gets nicked ... Ouch. Ouch. We cannot afford to feature a crew of International running backs the way Montreal did.

* The Draft? Hmmmmm ... Some of us raised the alarm immediately when we went way down the board for our 1st round pick. Were we smarter than everybody else? Or somehow blind? We picked two other guys who might never play a down in the CFL. The draft is a crap shoot? Not for some astute teams, it is not a crap shoot. Not by a long shot. For us? Yeah, a crap shoot is about right. Roll the dice. No rhyme nor reason. Just roll 'em.

Other than that, all is fine on the Good Ship Wally. Don't think so? Just ask for a film session. This is Wally's team. He wears it.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote:Great Clips acknowledged quickly at the end of the game that Ryan Phillips finally produced winners in their "defensive TD-free hair cut" promotion. I was going there this weekend anyway. :beauty:
They announced it right when the play was made at the beginning of the game, too. One of the few positives on the night, the TD on D means a free haircut for everyone who brings their ticket stub to Great Clips as noted on this page.

But anyone who paid to go to that game must already feel like they've been clipped.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
dat
Rookie

I was at the Lions - Als game last night. Lately I've been ripping the defence a lot. Tonight wasn't so much about them. They gave up a lot of yardage as always but held in for awhile. This was on the Offence and Special Teams which were both terrible. The offence was boring, slow, every formation the same. No creative plays. I recall a game years ago when Vic Rapp was coaching. Lions run a reverse then the back tosses it back to the QB who hits a wide open receiver. At least it's something right ? There was no quick tempo or any interesting plays just Lulay dropping back in the shotgun and trying to find someone open. Cortez was supposed to add some creativity, what a joke. It was like watching paint dry. Special Teams returns non existent. Why isn't Shaq Murray Lawrence returning punts ? Tim Brown would look good right now. This time is bland on offence , defence and special teams. I would actually like to see Beck get the start at QB and if it isn't going well then let Lulay come in. Then we have Manny's comments saying the Al's have no talent or words to that effect. This guy has been annoying for awhile. Last year he's been going on with his " Manny Show." Commentators questioning his desire and intensity. I think we've lost too many guys like Dante Marsh the last few years, guys that cared about winning and not chirping about themselves. This will be a long year, coaching and players are not up to par.

dat
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Totally frustrated at the Lions' inability to stop the run. BC's defensive line is totally undersize against the bigger Alouette offensive line.

Any team that is supporting a 3-5 record will be bringing in players. Correct me if I'm wrong but has the Lions brought in any new players since the start of the season ?
CardiacKid
Legend

We were unable to the see the game and gave our tickets to friends....hope they don't hold that against us.

In all seriousness, it is actually quite depressing this version of the Als was the one to break the schneid and not a Calvillo-led team.

As for the anticipated airlift of NFL cuts, there seems to be an overall moribund sense of urgency or even acceptance of the need to upgrade personel. Other teams in the league have made significant or subtle changes to their rosters but the Lions seem rooted to the spot.

My hope at the start of this year was a modest upturn in team fortunes that would signal to Wally he had left the team a solid legacy. He could then turn his attention to transitioning the team to a new VP Football Operations, be it Tedford or even someone else.

But if these loses continue and continue in the same vein as what I am hearing about tonight's lose, I am afraid the matter of improving the Lion's will be beyond anyone's capabilities for some time.
InUrFace
Rookie

This team begins and ends with one person Wally. This still looks like his team when he was HC he is using the same schemes and play book. Handing down to Cortez and Jeff. I believe this was one thing he discussed before signing Jeff and Cortez. That if Lulay is QB let him feel comfortable by using the same play book since he missed a lot of football with his injuries. I believe Wally told Jeff it will be better for lulay instead of giving him a new one to learn.

As for the D well ask Washington where and who he learned it from. Oh! I know. MB and cant forget Wally. As he still uses the same crap D as Wally used. ST Well lets ask McMann ... his answer Wally. This will always continue to happen as long as Wally is here. Doesnt matter what coaches and staff come in ... Its either Wallys way or the exit.

Now Wally rep is bad taste in all players mouths, thats why we have no Free Agents signed here. Then the lack of talent in all areas. I look at Scouting. Our scouting would be better off going on youtube and find players or maybe thats what they are doing. lol. NFL cuts will happen but then again theres Wally so it might not make a dang difference. He is all ready saying our Dline is good and Brooks can be that guy. Wally needs to wake up. As fans we need to run him out the city as we did once before with the other guy. This cant continue to happen. I wont pay to go to a single game or even a free ticket be given to me i will throw it in the trash cuz this is what Wally deserves.

Now a comment to all those who think Wally aint the issue or you think hes doing a good job. Please explain to me what he has done in the last few years for this team. Dont tell me he signed Collie dont tell me he got Jeff dont tell me any bull. Tell me What he has done besides making this organization go down hill and fans sick of him and his decision making and not allowing to let go. So the HC can have full control. As of yet I dont see Jeff I see Wally as HC ... hes just not on the sidelines calling the plays. Tired of this crap :bang: Time for change at the top.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Farhan Lalji was on the postgame show on TSN 1040 ripping Wally for getting too young too fast on the O-line and secondary, two position groups that need to play as a unit to succeed.

He also criticized the offence of George Cortez for being too predictable, with no misdirection and little use of jet sweeps a second or third running back, as other teams have been doing effectively to keep opponents off balance. The Als just attacked the line of scrimmage on first down to shut down Harris and force the Lions into second and long.

Chris Burns also criticized the offensive and defensive lines for, in particular Jason Foster, for not being able to recognize and react to the Als' various defensive looks, and the defensive line for having too many guys out of position.

For myself, I would give the offensive line a pass. The coaching, playcalling and quarterbacking has to be better to beat the pressure and attack the defence where they aren't. Other teams are doing that to the Lions over and over again with success. It isn't that hard.
CardiacKid
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:The good news is the back-to-back beatdowns the Lions have suffered must send a message to coaching and management that substantial changes need to be made. With the bye week coming up and NFL cuts coming available soon, it's time for a major rebuild. There is time to salvage the season but the Lions can't afford to stand pat.
I am not willing to bet the Lion's will be doing much to bring NFL cuts north, at least not like other clubs or in line with what the perceived need is. I haven't seen much willingness to shift PR guys into the game day roster (other than Antolin) and I suspect Wally, Tedford and some of the touch line brain trust are just not on the same page as to personnel needed.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:Farhan Lalji was on the postgame show on TSN 1040 ripping tWally for getting too young too fast on the O-line and secondary, two position groups that need to play as a unit to succeed.

He also criticized the offence of George Cortez for being too predictable, with no misdirection and little use of jet sweeps a second or third running back, as other teams have been doing effectively to keep opponents off balance. The Als just attacked the line of scrimmage on first down to shut down Harris and force the Lions into second and long.

Chris Burns also criticized the offensive and defensive lines, in particular Jason Foster, for not being able to recognize and react to the Als' various defensive looks, and the defensive line for having too many guys out of position.

For myself, I would give the offensive line a pass. The coaching, playcalling and quarterbacking has to be better to beat the pressure and attack the defence where they aren't. Other teams are doing that to the Lions over and over again with success. It isn't that hard.
Good for Farhan and Burns. I am always impressed by Farhan. Very professional. I expect his teams play hard and well for him at the high school level.

I find it hard to fault the O Line.

I mentioned in my comments that the Als used three backs. We put it all on Harris. He looked shaken on the first two runs. He got clobbered. No rest though. Just keep on running him against a defence keying on him big time. And with our lack of National depth, we cannot run 3 International backs. Those guys are pretty interchangeable and plentiful. Andrew Harris cannot be replaced without roster juggling re the ratio.

Yes, and we do not hit em where they ain't. Blitzing is high risk, high reward. Where do they blitz from? That is where you throw. Quick look ins. Not slow routes. Leonard has shown some stuff. He could run them well, methinks. Get the big train rolling. Get the D backing off.

With Xs and Os, I expect Farhan could run the team well. But there is that bias: Ya gotta come from the pro ranks.

Agree about the offence of Cortez.

Re Mark W and Stubler. We were told that Mark had to be the new DC, at Stubler's expense, as he was getting interest from other teams. Hmmmm ... Whether that was true then, I expect it is not so much now.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
chewiesrevenge
Rookie

It is almost comical that if two of the most important Off starters, in Lulay and Harris, go down with injuries, Antolin and Beck are next up in the pipeline. Lol. Really?? That's the contingency plan??

Not to offend them or slight their character... but they aren't starter material. Even little Shaq.

Almost embarrassing. The judgement of talent is SO off base. And seems like everyone already knows the Logan and Brown mistake regardless of Ratio for Off line import protection. And although Marsh seemingly lost a step, gosh did he play with a chip on his shoulder. The team lacks that desperately.

Look at the depth of other teams. Tor - Harris, Gale both seem talented and capable of running an offence after Ray went down. Cal developed Bo and Tate. We saw Mtl beat us with a trio of effective different RB's... and their what, 3/4th string QB? Edm, Ham, Win just cycle through whoever is next up on RB or QB depth chart and seem to find degrees of success. Sask might have fared better if they were deeper at QB, as their RB tandem is potent.

What is most embarrassing and discouraging as a fan aren't blunders or inepitude of schemes or coaching or etc. It's 100% personnel.

Some losing teams are exciting to watch. Edm Oilers. CLE Cavs with young Lebron 5/6 years ago. You see the talent, potential and will to win. Talent + desire.

Ask who is A- genuinely talented (to a eyebrow raising level or even franchise-ish potential) and B- Shows an intense desire to win/ go for broke. Ummm. Bighill. Ummm, hmmm. Anyone? Bueller... bueller?

Manny seems justified to slight a team that just beat them?! After he quit - excuse me... "didnt see" - that interception. Mtl has a rag tag group of players and can cobble together a win against the Lions. :/ They brought in role player vets to help develop a ypung QB. And beat us with it. Nik Lewis looking invincible. Logan running seams all night.

We knew Wally was done when he brought back Printers. (Lol) Stop going to the games to support this debacle. I sure won't be going to watch such an embarrassing product.

After Antolin, who's next in the pipeline? Can Leo the lion return punts? Can the concession stand manager play zone coverage? Is Wally training again? Maybe he can be an upgrade somewhere on the roster.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Still shaking my head at Manny's asinine post game comments. Not only did the Als kick our ass in all three phases of the game, but Manny himself QUIT on a play that might have been the turning point of the game. The Lions next game is against Montreal, in Montreal! Nice bulletin board material you dumb ass. Manny won't be benched in the next game because it seems NOBODY gets benched on Tedford's team no matter how much they screw up or cost the team. BUT, I think Manny just kissed away any chance of having his contract renewed. Watch for The Manny Show coming to another CFL city in 2016.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Belize City Lion wrote:Still shaking my head at Manny's asinine post game comments. Not only did the Als kick our ass in all three phases of the game, but Manny himself QUIT on a play that might have been the turning point of the game. The Lions next game is against Montreal, in Montreal! Nice bulletin board material you dumb ass. Manny won't be benched in the next game because it seems NOBODY gets benched on Tedford's team no matter how much they screw up or cost the team. BUT, I think Manny just kissed away any chance of having his contract renewed. Watch for The Manny Show coming to another CFL city in 2016.
^^great post. Manny the Mouth needs to shut up and play football...actually he needs to be benched for the next game.

MESSAGE TO TEDFORD/CORTEZ: Lulay is not a pocket passer, he is in his comfort zone when rolling out. He sees the field better an throws better when rolling out. So MOVE THE POCKET. What I find most frustrating is that poster after poster here sees what the coaches are blind to.

Special Teams are far from special. Fire McCann today and replace him with anybody.

While I didn't expect a lot of wins or a playoff birth this season, I did expect to see some incremental improvement by Labour Day and some hope for next season. It is not happening.

I did not like Cotez as a OC or HC for Hamilton or OC for Sask, but I was hopeful that Tedford would make a difference and be a positive influence on Cortez. Tedford needs to call a lot of the plays or maybe he should introduce an H-Back Offense or Fast Tempo Offense...no I guess that stuff was just a ploy to sell tickets. :bang:

This Offense is so vanilla that Chapman's Ice Cream should sue for copyright infringement.

Right now the Lions are in a tight race with Sask to the bottom.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

1040 online poll Q this morning: How would you sum up the BC Lions so far?

Options (% so far): Not good enough (49%), Boring (18%), Embarrassing (22%), Meeting Expectations (11%)
Blitz
Team Captain

What a sad performance by our Leos team. Our offence stunk, our defense was shredded by Montreal's run, and we lost to a Montreal team that had not beaten us in B.C. Place for 15 years..and this was not a team coached by Don Matthews or with Anthony Cavillo at quarterback or Ben Cahoon receiving or Mike Pringle running the football. We had outscored 163-30 since 2010 and this was an Als team with Cato and not Cavillo at quarterback.

The problems with our Leos team are deep and comprehensive. There are serious problems with organizational leadership (Skulsky, Buono), coaching,schemes, personell, and team chemistry and coaching and player leadership. This is not going to get righted by a couple of NFL cuts who are integrated into the lineup mid-season.

Looking at last nights game, which was supposed to be a 'statement game' after our blowout loss to Hamilton, and what has happened to this team over the past two seasons, here are a few thoughts.

ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP and SCHEME :popcorn:

This is not a Bobby Ackles led football team. Our Leos enjoyed so much success after Ackles arrived and began to make the changes this organization needed. Buono gets most of the credit for our Leos turn around from 2003-2007 but it was Ackles blue print and it's missing.

With Ackles no longer running the ship our Leos continued to get worse and worse from 2008 to early 2011. But Shivers brought in enough good players and our assistant coaches coached well enough to get things turned around in 2011. Chap changed the offence part way through 2011 and got us out of the old Calgary spread offence that Wally had always insisted he use because Wally was plain desperate and finally allowed him to.

On defense, we had such a good defensive line in 2011 and such good defensive backs in Banks, Marsh, and Phillips, that even Benvedes couldn't ruin. things. Lulay thrived in our offensive scheme in 2011, Harris got a chance due to injury, our defensive line created great pressure, and we began to win and win all the way to the Grey Cup. Wally retired wisely. Fans and media had been calling for his head and the Grey Cup victory allowed us to forget our Leos erosion under Wally from 2008 until that season.

In 2012, a fateful decision was made to hire Benevedes as our Head Coach. However we had talent, Stubler was hired as DC and our defense that season went on to set records and our offence continued to thrive in Chap's new scheme. It was the best offence in the CFL in 2012. But what was obscured was the fact that Benevedes was in over his head as a Head Coach.

In 2013, with Lulay beginning the season with his shoulder still injured and getting hurt part way through that season, with Dorazio doing a terrible job with our running attack, our offence slid. But it was still a very good scheme and our offence looked one hell of a lot better with a rookie in DeMarco than it has ever since. We finished that regular season with Stulber leading a top CFL defense and our offence looked very good to end the 2013 season.

But instead of making the decision that needed to be made at the end of 2013, with another playoff loss, and firing Benevedes, Buono scapegoated Stulber and Chapdelaine. Its been a downhill slide since and that slide continues and continues.

Mark Washington is no Stubler, to make an understatement. Our offence, back to the spread offence in 2014 under Khari Jones 2014 and more spread offence under Cortez in 2015 has looked predictable and awful. This version of the spread offence under Cortexz looks even worse than the edition we used last year under Khari Jones. Give our present Leos Chapdealine's offensive scheme that he ran here from 2011 to 2013 and our offence would be so much better, especially with Malone coaching the offensive line. Lulay needs that type of offence - one that has a lot of misdirection and motion in it. He is not a pocket passing spread offence style of quarterback. The Riders have the best offence in the CFL this season, even handicapped by Dorazio and using Glenn and a third string quarterback.

The said part is that Tedford, whom we thought would usher in new schemes, has not done so. We're stuck in the most boring spread offence we've seen since 2005 and we're stuck in the most passive defensive scheme we've seen in the Buono era.

We also don't adjust. Montreal last night stuffed our run (Harris had 33 yds on 11 carries) because their defense overplayed our run game and Andrew Harris. That was not the fault of our offensive line or Harris. They blitzed and we couldn't take advantage. That was mostly the fault of our scheme. On offence, Montreal ran and ran and our defensive scheme and play calling did not adjust. Roh is not a defensive tackle and Brooks is not a nose tackle and we did nothing to help them.

This is just plain bad incompetence.

PERSONNEL :dizzy:

There is no question that we need a dynamic go to receiver. Arsenault is a number two receiver but he is not the guy who can lead our receiving corps. We don't have a stud defensive pass rushing end. We lack a top notch free safety. Lulay doesn't look like the Lulay of 2011 and most of 2012.

But this team is nowhere near as bad, personel wise, as we are playing. Even lacking a go to primary receiver, a top notch rush end, and a high calibre free safety there is talent on this Leos team. Travis Lulay showed that he can still play. He completed 33 passes against the Riders and threw very well in that game. He showed his stuff at the end of the game, in his comeback win against the Eskimos. He showed his ability to run the football out of the zone read play earlier this season and showed his ability to escape a rush last night at times against the Als.

Lulay had thrown 8 interceptions, while tossing only 5 touchdownsin his last 4 games before playing the Als. This is so uncharacteristic for Lulay. In 2011 and 2012, Chap had Lulay throwing the ball out of bounds on plays where the percentages were not good. Now Lulay is trying to make throws that he wouldn't attempt to make in the past.

Last night against the Als, we ran very few crossing patterns. When we did they were successful, as in Arsenaults' touchdown. We did't run the screen pass. We kept Harris in to block almost all game. Christ, Harris was *beeotch* when Chap kept him in to block half the time in 2013 against the Montreal blit z. I wonder how Harris is feeling right now that he was kept in for almost the whole game to block against Montreal.

We used no check downs against Montreal, no hot reads, and we didn't move the pocket or use motion or misdirection against the Montreal blitz. Montreal sent 8 blitzers at times against 6 blockers. Overall, our offensive line did a great job and Lulay threw quickly or escaped and did a good job as well but our scheme and play calling was horrible, our pass patterns poorly designed to combat a blitz, and we handicapped ourself.

On defense, we gave up over 250 yards rushing against a team that we knew wanted to run against us and wanted to throw sparingly. We didn't adjust at all. But we had placed our defense in a bad spot to begin with because we are so undersized at the tackle position. Brooks is a good defensive tackle but he is undersized to play nose guard. Roh is a defensive end/linebacker who is being expected to play defensive tackle at 260 pounds with no experience at the position. Westerman is being expected to play defensive end with no experience at the position. Bazzie is an undersized defensive end at 228 pounds (that is small for a linebacker these days) and he is rotated at defensive end with an aging Smith. This is so stupid its incredulous.

So offences are blowing out our defensive line in the run game and our linebackers, focused on pass defense, are making tackles 10 yards downfield when they can.

On special teams, we not only discarded Stefan Logan, who looked great last night on special teams and Brown as well, which is all well and good, if we had been able to replace either one but we haven't. Antolin is not the guy nor was Tillman before him and McMann continues to give us bad punt return blocking and bad downfield coverage.

As Joystick Logan said before the game, our Leos made the decision to release him and `we would have to live with it`. Last night we did and the result was not fun.

Watching the Als use so much misdirection on offence and also use Logan as a slot for reverses and as a tailback as well at times, was very good use of personnel. Iwish we would do the same with our offence. Watching Montreal use so much misdirection and motion was disheartening.

Our Leos are miusing our personnbel. Our scheme does not use Lulays' strengths or our reciver's strengths. They are not vertical style receivers except for Arsenault. We misuse our tight end as a slot back. We should be integrating Lawrence's speed on reverses in our offence. We misuse Roh and Westerman. We misuse Bighill and we were misuing Eliminian before he got injured.

We should be using Lawrence and Iannuzzi as punt returners.

Our Leos are not using our players strengths. Even worse, we are misusing them.

COACHING AND PLAYER LEADERSHIP and TEAM CHEMISTY :thdn: :thdn:

Players like Dante Marsh, Korey Banks, Stefan Logan, and Erik Taylor were leaders who complimented leaders like Travis Lulay. Geroy Simon could be narcissistic but he also role demanded performance from teammates. We haven't replaced that leadership. Andrew Harris is a talent but he is not a player who has the type of leadership ability as a Korey Banks. Manny Arsenault should be a leader on offence but he is not. Leaders elevate those around them.

The team chemistry that Benevedes ruined and Wally badly hurt due to his treatment of vets and his controlling ways has not changed. Its obvious watching this Leos team that this is not a together team. Tedford has not been able to create a new chemistry that is conducive to winning and coaches like Cortez, McMann, and Washington are not going to be able to play an important role in helping to create a new chemistry from the coaching position.

Lacking both coaching and player leadership, this is a team that looks listless too often. Hampered by schemes and personell decisions, lacking talent in a couple of key spots, and absent quality leadership from top to bottom, from organizational leadership to coaching leadership to player leadership. this is a Leos squad that is floundering.

However, with some key scheme changes and a few personell changes, this Leos team could be very competitive. Get Lulay out of the spread, use our tight end properly, change our pass patterns so that our possession recievers could thrive, introduce some motion, misdirection, and anti-blitz strategies and our offence could be so much better.

Put Westerman at tackle, Roh at defensive end,, and use a big nose tacklke and we could stop the run and get better pressure on. Let our defensive backs, who can ball hawk, play more aggressively, and we could be much better on defense than allowing teams to shred us with the run or take all day to throw the football.

Stupid is doing the same things over and over again when they are not working. Right now, we are doing so many stupid things with the personnel that we have, that we don't even know how good they could be, if used our personnell propertly, let alone feature their strengths. All you have to do is look at our early 2011 season. We changed our scheme on offence after starting the season badly, made a couple of personnel changes, and voila, and our offence rolled. A the same time, on defense, all we did was change our defensive line scheme and we started to get huge pressure and our defense, which still used a boring pass defense scheme, became dominant. Winning, like losing, can become contagious.

WRAP

Something better change quickly and cutting a player (Wally's favorite strategy) as a scapegoat is not going to do it. A Pee Wee football coach would not be using his personell this badly or using schemes that so baldy fit his personnell.

Fans are going to walk away, as they have been continuing to do and some of them will not be back. Tedord said its time for some serious soul searching and that goes right to the top as well.

It had better happen and quickly!!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)