Lions 7 - RedBlacks 5 -- Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Initial report is that Lulay's shoulder popped out but was popped back in.
Spud387
Champion

My reaction to seeing Lulay hold his shoulder

Followed by
dupsdell1
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:Initial report is that Lulay's shoulder popped out but was popped back in.

Were did you here that
Spud387
Champion

dupsdell1 wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Initial report is that Lulay's shoulder popped out but was popped back in.

Were did you here that
The twitter
dupsdell1
Champion

ok I hope so popping it back in is not a big deal.
Spud387
Champion

dupsdell1 wrote:ok I hope so popping it back in is not a big deal.
While that is... sorta true, its what could have torn on its way out (which is more likely the more often its been injured)
Big Time
Champion

rb wrote:Can you imagine anyone who is not a Lions' or Redblacks' fan actually watching this game? The entertainment quality of the CFL product is at a low ebb. I think the knee-jerk safety concession instead of punting from your end zone is probably a bad move much of the time, such is the inability of the leagues' offences to score.
During the game, I was texting with a friend about this very issue. This CFL season has been absolute garbage. From the lopsided records in each division to the individual play, it has been a season to forget. What player has stood out? What team has stood out? I don't know if expansion has just diluted the league but in 30 years I can't remember a worse year from an entertainment standpoint. Maybe recent NFL cuts will help but boy does it seem the league is in a downward spiral. Losing Lulay is just the icing on the cake.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

What player has stood out?
All TSN hype aside, Solomon Elimimian is having a monster season. Not that linebackers sell tickets, but he's really running away with Most Outstanding Defensive Player at this point.
rb
Champion

Spud387 wrote:
dupsdell1 wrote:ok I hope so popping it back in is not a big deal.
While that is... sorta true, its what could have torn on its way out (which is more likely the more often its been injured)
Believe it or not, when a guy has had three injuries to the same shoulder within 24 months, a dislocation might be more ominous than a separation.
David
Team Captain

I haven't had the same sinking feeling with Lulay since Dave Dickenson was leaning on Bill Reichelt's shoulder for dear life in a pre-game playoff matchup versus Toronto.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Qman
Champion

Oline was an embarrrrrrassment tonite!

Ottawa was rushing 4 guys most of the night and getting free shots on Lulay.
Wally is cheap as sh*t!

TIME TO CHANGE THE RATIO!!!!! Thats why the games suck this season!!!!!!!!
Bosco
Team Captain

Looking at this game from bad to worse...........

The BAD was this had to be one of the worst football games I have seen in 45 years of watching football.

The WORSE news is that losing Lulay was sad and painful to see :bang:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:

Were did you here that
Team 1040
leo4life
All Star

Disgusting performance across the board...callers on 1040 want answers with the coaching staff & many season ticket holders say they wont be back
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

How's this for putting tonight's result in perspective?

Ott's three nearly-as-woeful divisional rivals, in spite of their collective 5-18 record (which excludes games played amongst themselves), have in turn scored on Ott so far this year 17 (Tor), 33 (Ham) and 20 (Mtl) points.

We can't even manage half of the worst of these.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.