Worst kept Secret.... Benevedes.....Coach

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=382652
Benevides is affectionately dubbed "Little Wally" because his views on football are strikingly similar to those of his mentor. But the Toronto native vows to be himself in his new job, meaning he'll continue to dress casually on the sidelines.

"I'm going to go with the hoodie," said Benevides, who wore an orange and black tie during the news conference at the club's practice facility. "That's what I feel comfortable in.

"You want to be comfortable working."

And no one looks more comfortable on the sidelines than Belichick, the New England Patriots head coach who routinely wears a hooded sweatshirt during games, often with the sleeves cut short.
Hey, who is reading Lionbackers, and taking our ideas? Ha ha ... Whatever, go for it. Glad of the readership.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

“It is my goal to build a team that is tough, physical and one that puts a premium on field position,” added Benevides. "Most importantly, we will continue to be a team that attacks opponents and is aggressive in all three phases of the game to manufacture explosive plays on both sides of the ball.”

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Lions ... z1gTIaVOP6

These were the most important comments of the press conference and all that I needed to here...because in what MB said is the secret behind winning championships...you have to be physically and mentally tough to survive an 18 game schedule, and still be fresh for the playoffs...

The bottom line is, with this Defence and Travis Lulay at QB, we are already favourites to repeat as champions...think back to any league, at any time and see how well teams did who played strong, physical defence and offence that didn't turn the ball over...it is a ageless recipe for success and we have it...and Benevides knows it...

I am still looking forward to hearing about the entire staff...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
MexicoLionFan
Legend

My apologies to the Lion King, who had already posted this quote and commented on it...

I think it is what we all wanted to hear...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Interesting that the late Bob Ackles predicted that one day Benevides will one day become a Head Coach. Delighted with his promotion.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Interesting that the late Bob Ackles predicted that one day Benevides will one day become a Head Coach. Delighted with his promotion.

I too am excited for Bene and his chance to carry on the momentum of success established at our turning point of this mid-season. Continuing to have an aggressive defensive philosophy, and hopefully a balanced, big-play offense working hand-in -glove with defense and special teams are essential ingredients.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I hope Chaps gets to stay (never thought I'd say that, never thought we'd see play calling turn around like we saw in 2011) but he should be a contender for at least one of the HC jobs still available.
I'd like to see Mark Washington or Barron Miles become the DC with Randy Melvin taking over the linebackers coaching.