Bobby Ackles Place

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Last year in Edmonton I had the privledge of visting the newly created Jackie Parker Room at Commonwealth. It's a room that is a tribute to the late Jackie Parker and oozes class. I think such a room could easily be created at BC Place.

The Parker room contains memorabilia from Parker's career, framed pictures and a bar where fans can gather for a drink and talk football.

It is very well done and a nice tribute.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I am sure this wont fly, but...

maybe someone could start a bobby ackles memorial fund for people to donate to, for the purpose of either purchasing the stadium naming rights, or something equivalant??
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:I am sure this wont fly, but...

maybe someone could start a bobby ackles memorial fund for people to donate to, for the purpose of either purchasing the stadium naming rights, or something equivalant??
The Ackles family has already asked that donations be made through the Lions' office to the British Columbia Football Hall of Fame, a project that Ackles had started. Even in death, his legacy of giving back to the community lives on.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Last year in Edmonton I had the privledge of visting the newly created Jackie Parker Room at Commonwealth. It's a room that is a tribute to the late Jackie Parker and oozes class. I think such a room could easily be created at BC Place.

The Parker room contains memorabilia from Parker's career, framed pictures and a bar where fans can gather for a drink and talk football.

It is very well done and a nice tribute.
Hopefully something like that will become part of the renovation plans for BC Place.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:

The Ackles family has already asked that donations be made through the Lions' office to the British Columbia Football Hall of Fame, a project that Ackles had started. Even in death, his legacy of giving back to the community lives on.
How would one go about doing that? And what would be a fitting donation?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

No Ordinary Joe wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:

How would one go about doing that? And what would be a fitting donation?
From bclions.com:
The family has also requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the British Columbia Football Hall of Fame – a project that Bob had started prior to his passing. Donations can be forwarded to the Lions’ business operations office in Vancouver (765 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver, V6B 4Y9).
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Thanks! :thup:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:

I read about this in the Province today (LU's article). Made a ton of sense anyway and was going to be a way for Ackles to share his Lions & other Football Stuff. Makes even more sense now.