NEW Bomber Stadium!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

MacNews
Team Captain

JohnHenry wrote:The problem with 40k is it is unlikely Wpg would sellout regulariy, leading to empty sections and a lack of atmosphere. Might be better to have 28,000 seats and have sellouts with high demand.
I don't see the problem with 40K. You wouldn't have many empty seats and in my mind you can do more with 40 then you can 30. It just means you order that much less temporary seating=cheaper long-term.
rickhale
Starter

after going to the grey cup this year and having never been to winnipeg stadium i came to one conclusion. WHAT A DUMP!!! they need a new place to play and quick!!!!!! :bang:
Pretty girls make us buy beer.
Ugly girls make us drink beer.
Al Bundy 1988
Rookie

JohnHenry wrote:
Any mention on how many seats in the proposed stadium?
Asper said he wants 30,000 to 40,000 seats and hopefully 40,000, so they won't have to put in temporary seating for GC. The problem with 40k is it is unlikely Wpg would sellout regulariy, leading to empty sections and a lack of atmosphere. Might be better to have 28,000 seats and have sellouts with high demand.
This is the same kind of thinking as to why Winnipeg will never have an NHL team. The new arena they build too SMALL. Having an arena that fits less than 17,000 is definitely out of the question for the NHL. It's easier to close off sections that it is to add to a bowl configuration that has roofs on the sides.

I can understand the small capacity to build the atmosphere, but then you'll run into the problems that Als are having. They're not losing money but they will never be in a position to make money unless the capacity of molson stadium is increased.

If you have the endzones open (I prefer bowl config though) then you could possibl make temporary seats when needed. But the plans don't look like they have that.

Just my two cents.