Free Agent Signings

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

pennw
Legend

The Riders should have lots of roster room after Jones cut half the team loose .
pennw
Legend

BC signed OL Levy Adcock . This guy is an international though , it's national OL we need though . We already have enough internationals .
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

pennw wrote:BC signed OL Levy Adcock . This guy is an international though , it's national OL we need though . We already have enough internationals .
Followe Dorazio back from Saskatchewan. He must have good girth.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Qman
Champion

Hambone wrote:
pennw wrote:BC signed OL Levy Adcock . This guy is an international though , it's national OL we need though . We already have enough internationals .
Followe Dorazio back from Saskatchewan. He must have good girth.

he is training camp injury security / 46th man
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I don't think so. They clearly signed him for they see him as a starter, not a backup. Otherwise, why would he sign here? Unless this guy flops, I see him as a starter, replacing one of the other imports on OL.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Would like to see the Lions address their offensive and defensive line.
David
Team Captain

CardiacKid wrote:Tristan Okpaulago had very solid stats last year and has good hustle, a total gamer.
Yes. Okpaulago was near the top of my free agent wish list before things got underway, just because I think he could be a great replacement for Khreem Smith and not break the bank. He's had some very impressive sack totals with the Argos.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Would like to see the Lions address their offensive and defensive line.
According to the FA tracker on the CFL website, only one National offensive lineman is left unsigned and that is Greg Wojt of the Esks. A quick scan of the available defensive ends has some names jump out; Alex Hall, Justin Hickman and Tristan Okpalaugo. The latter I hope is still a target for the Leo's.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

JohnnyMusso wrote:I don't think so. They clearly signed him for they see him as a starter, not a backup. Otherwise, why would he sign here? Unless this guy flops, I see him as a starter, replacing one of the other imports on OL.
Even with Olafioye having RT locked up BC usually brings another 3 or 4 INT OL to camp. Camp tends to be hard on the OL. In past years it hasn't been unusual to see 2 or 3 go down to injury in short otder. As for Adcock himself I don't recall what he played for the Riders when he did start but seems to me it was RT. He played both tackles in his earlier time at Oklahoma but started all games at RT as a senior. I see him as coming in to compete for a possible LT starting spot if BC goes INT at both tackles, otherwise he's competing for a backup role to Olafioye. Why would he sign here? Familiarity between him and Dorazio likely has a lot to do with that. Other than that even though teams are more frequently starting 1 or 2 INT OL once you take away the guys who are locks to start there's still not very many opportunities for someone like Adcock to legitimately compete for a roster spot.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Would like to see the Lions address their offensive and defensive line.
According to the FA tracker on the CFL website, only one National offensive lineman is left unsigned and that is Greg Wojt of the Esks. A quick scan of the available defensive ends has some names jump out; Alex Hall, Justin Hickman and Tristan Okpalaugo. The latter I hope is still a target for the Leo's.
This year's FA class didn't offer much for opportunities to address NAT OL needs. Only 7 NAT OL hit free agency. 3 of them are 33 including Josh Bourke, former Leo Andrew Jones and Jeff Keeping. Next to Bourke the most sought after was likely Corey Watman. Watman grew up on the outskirts of Toronto and returned home to the Argos. As of today all that's left is Greg Wojt, Matt Norman and ex-Argo Scott Mitchell.
Lionsfan65
Starter

Hambone wrote:This year's FA class didn't offer much for opportunities to address NAT OL needs. Only 7 NAT OL hit free agency. 3 of them are 33 including Josh Bourke, former Leo Andrew Jones and Jeff Keeping. Next to Bourke the most sought after was likely Corey Watman. Watman grew up on the outskirts of Toronto and returned home to the Argos. As of today all that's left is Greg Wojt, Matt Norman and ex-Argo Scott Mitchell.
I guess we might have to draft a couple of guys then.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Former CFL MOP Chad Owens has jumped to Hamilton from Toronto. The Ticats will be a force again on offence and special teams.
Chad Owens signs with Ticats
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Swayze Waters signs with Carolina Panthers.
chwk_lionsfan
Rookie

Lions signed Anthony Allen
CardiacKid
Legend

chwk_lionsfan wrote:Lions signed Anthony Allen
cardiackid wrote:I am going to lose it if a re-tread of an International running back like Nic Grigsby or Anthony Allen becomes the starter next year.
Dang......In my own defense, I wrote that when I was exceedingly peeved regarding Andrew leaving town. Still liking Jeremiah Johnson to emerge as the starter but I do know that Allen has a great attitude and is willing to fill whatever role is asked of him in order to play.