Rourke now a NE Patriot

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I think Rourke is in a bit of a tough spot in NE. The HC that signed him, Belichek, is gone as is the OC. While NE's new OC has worked out Rourke in Cleveland, there really is no one in NE with any sort of commitment or belief in him.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

DanoT wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:42 pm
I think Rourke is in a bit of a tough spot in NE. The HC that signed him, Belichek, is gone as is the OC. While NE's new OC has worked out Rourke in Cleveland, there really is no one in NE with any sort of commitment or belief in him.
Belichek had already been out of the New England picture for nearly 2 months when Rourke was signed to the ERFA deal at the start of March. Rourke getting re-signed is totally on the new GM and HC Mayo.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

As expected, the Patriots used the third overall pick in the NFL draft on a potential franchise quarterback, Drake Maye of North Carolina. Maye is young and raw at 21, having spent only two years as a starter in college. The Patriots will likely have to rely on journeyman backup Jacoby Brissett to lead the team until Maye is ready. Barring injury, that leaves little room on the active roster for Rourke. If Brissett struggles, the pressure will be on rookie head coach Jerod Mayo to accelerate Maye’s development, even if it results in another 4-12 season.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yeah, it doesn't look promising for Rourke in NE now. I really don't get how players don't even get a legitimate sniff while others who have done nothing are automatically elevated.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.