CFL Awards 2023

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Mathieu Betts wins.

Live now here:

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/11/12/2023-cfl-awards/
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

B.C. Lions’ defensive lineman Mathieu Betts has been named the CFL’s Most Outstanding Defensive Player for the 2023 CFL season, winning the vote by a margin of 49 to 12 over Toronto Argonauts’ strong-side linebacker Adarius Pickett.
https://3downnation.com/2023/11/16/b-c- ... ve-player/
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

No shame in losing to Javon Leake given his year. Sean Whyte a deserving finalist.
Toronto Argonauts’ kick returner Javon Leake has been named the CFL’s Most Outstanding Special Teams Player for the 2023 CFL season, winning the vote by a margin of 45 to 16 over B.C. Lions’ kicker Sean Whyte.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Brady Oliviera Top Canadian.

Chad Kelly beats Oliviera for George Reed MOP Award.
New award name.

Ryan Dinwiddie Coach of the Year.
OV:54-40
Starter

Betts a FA heading into next season ?
SammyGreene
Team Captain

OV:54-40 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:26 pm
Betts a FA heading into next season ?
Oui

We hope he never hits the open market
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The CFL did a good thing in naming the MOP AWARD the George Reed MOP Award. His well-spoken daughter was there and got a nice opening thank you from Chad Kelly the first winner.

For years I couldn't get over the loss of the Schenley sponsorship for CFL awards even though as a 12 year old who knew it was a booze sponsor. I just liked the name and how it became widely referenced as "the Schenleys" just like movies have "the Oscars."
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:21 am
The CFL did a good thing in naming the MOP AWARD the George Reed MOP Award. His well-spoken daughter was there and got a nice opening thank you from Chad Kelly the first winner.

For years I couldn't get over the loss of the Schenley sponsorship for CFL awards even though as a 12 year old who knew it was a booze sponsor. I just liked the name and how it became widely referenced as "the Schenleys" just like movies have "the Oscars."
And the 1972 winner's name rhymed!