Lions at Argos July 3, 2023

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Lucky Whitehead has been ruled out of Monday’s clash of unbeaten teams in Toronto after not practising all week with a hamstriing injury.
It looks like Keon Hatcher and Dominique Rhymes will both be activated after fully participating in practices Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Argos middle linebacker Jordan Williams won’t get a chance to face his former team. He’s been ruled out with a knee injury. Left tackle Isiah Cage (thigh) has also been ruled out.

Lions-Argos injury reports
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Looks like the Lions will have only roster moves to make; Rhymes & Hatcher in, Whitehead & Eberhardt out. Should be no changes on D. I suspect that means Rhymes & Hatcher will return to their usual slot spots while McInnis kicks out to Lucky's spot. However they could also put Hatcher outside where he has familiarity and leave McInnis in the slot.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have listed left tackle Jarell Broxton as a game-time decision for Monday’s game. The play of Broxton and LG Andrew Peirson have been instrumental in the Lions’ early success this season. According to Pro Football Focus, Broxton has not allowed a sack in 121 snaps this year.

Elsewhere on offence, the Lions have shuffled their receiving corps around to accommodate the return of Keon Hatcher and Dominique Rhymes and the absence of Lucky Whitehead (hamstring). Hatcher and Rhymes return their usual spots in the slot, while Alex Hollins moves to Whitehead’s boundary WR spot and Justin McInnis replaces Hollins as field WR. Jevon Cottoy is the only receiver whose role is unchanged this week. Rookie Ayden Eberhardt returns to the practice roster.

The only other roster change this week is the activation of Global linebacker Maxime Rouyer, who replaces American Brooks Parker on special teams.

Lions’ depth chart and roster
David
Team Captain

Losing Broxton would be a serious blow. Argo pressure is relentless. That's a very talented, dynamic front 7.

It highlights one of my few concerns with this football club; not enough Oline depth especially with Norman 6-gamed. If he can't go, I suppose Perkins slides over to protect Adams' blindside? Knevel plays right tackle? A little clunky, but I don't see other options right now.

I sure hope it's a "Brady Oliveira-esque" game-time decision. :wink:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer

That is a bit of a concern David. I don't know the exact protocols but would think that if Broxton was more doubtful than probable they would suit up a 7th OL. They do have Schleuger stashed on the 1G. He's an experienced CFL tackle. I'm wondering if they are allowed a last minute injury substitution when they submit the actual game roster? I thought it odd that they'd add Global Rouyer for American Parker who seemed to be always around the ball on special teams. Maybe that allows them to sub Schleuger in last minute at the expense of Rouyer?
Qman
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:07 pm
That is a bit of a concern David. I don't know the exact protocols but would think that if Broxton was more doubtful than probable they would suit up a 7th OL. They do have Schleuger stashed on the 1G. He's an experienced CFL tackle. I'm wondering if they are allowed a last minute injury substitution when they submit the actual game roster? I thought it odd that they'd add Global Rouyer for American Parker who seemed to be always around the ball on special teams. Maybe that allows them to sub Schleuger in last minute at the expense of Rouyer?
Saw on twitter that lions only listed 19 Americans instead of 20. I guess they will decide tomorrow who is the last American.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Qman wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:55 pm
Hambone wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:07 pm
Saw on twitter that lions only listed 19 Americans instead of 20. I guess they will decide tomorrow who is the last American.
Yes but Rouyer is taking the place of Parker. So they are listing 19 Americans & 2 Globals instead of 20 Americans & 1 Global.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

This game has potential to be a great fan-viewing game. Could be tough to be a high-scoring affair given the defensive play so far on both teams.

Toronto is a very well-coached team thanks to Calgary's coaching development process and BC's DC can match the likes of Argos Cory Mace in stopping opponents.

Dinwiddie has a pretty decent playbook on offense and Damon Allen is lauding the play and development of Chad Kelly in an article on 3 Down Nation. High praise from the likes of that former QB. I just can't get my head around how he's not a coach in the CFL as I know he like Henry Burris both want coaching careers and I'd have loved to see both coaching in the CFL.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have confirmed that Jarell Broxton will start at left tackle. He had been listed as a game-time decision due to illness.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Looking forward to this clash!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sack by Betts (who else ?)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Touchdown by Rhymes
almo89
Legend

Wow what a throw on the run