Who will be moving on?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cromartie
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:53 pm
I see from Instagram that Michael O'Connor is training with Rob Williams QB Motion.

While I thought at times before his injury that he should play a bit faster, I sure hope he catches on somewhere.

It seems the love for the dying breed of Canadian QB left with Nathan Rourke.

Granted you have to prove it on the field.

It doesn't matter which passport you have when you can't make effective decisions throwing the ball.

Which he's proven in three stops now.
OV:54-40
Starter

cromartie wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 5:33 am
Toppy Vann wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:53 pm
I see from Instagram that Michael O'Connor is training with Rob Williams QB Motion.

While I thought at times before his injury that he should play a bit faster, I sure hope he catches on somewhere.

It seems the love for the dying breed of Canadian QB left with Nathan Rourke.

Granted you have to prove it on the field.

It doesn't matter which passport you have when you can't make effective decisions throwing the ball.

Which he's proven in three stops now.

Proven to who? - the coaching staffs there that you consulted with ? Is his brief CFL career completion % under 50% with a bunch of picks ?

Didn't even get to play in Calgary; one meaningless end of season game with the Argos; and one little more than a quarter of play start with the Lions - where he threw zero picks and his yardage numbers projected to over 300 for a full game time.

Your passport matters big-time for getting a CFL look in the first place (see the resumes of the 3 young American QBs both the Argos & Bombers have signed for TC try-outs now); and sometimes for sticking around with repeat chance after chance after chance (see Dom Davis or Prukop or Kevin Glenn, etc. etc.)