Lions at Bombers Oct. 23, 2021

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CrazyCanuck89
Starter

TSN panel blaming everyone but Reilly.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Durant targeted 3 times. One drop on contact and other on a low ball thrown slightly behind him but still catchable. A major disappointment given his contract and he is 29 now.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:19 pm
Durant targeted 3 times. One drop on contact and other on a low ball thrown slightly behind him but still catchable. A major disappointment given his contract and he is 29 now.
And that’s after he caught just 4 of 11 targets last week. Reilly is overly focused on Durant and Burnham. Let’s see more of Cottoy, Posey and Hatcher.
swervynmerv
Legend

This has come up before but I really worry about the long term viability in the near future.

Where do the Lions sit in the marketplace? Behind the Canucks and Seahawks for sure. The Kraken are new but will draw people from the lower mainland. The Whitecaps and Canadiens are a draw too.

Throw in concerts, events and the natural beauty of Vancouver and countless things to do outdoors, are the Lions an afterthought except for the die hards?

It was mentioned that our D hasn’t been very good since 2013, but this team, other than 2011, has either been bad-mediocre for the past 10-15 years. Other than 2011, in the years that they had a good teams (2007, 2012 come to mind), they disappointed in the playoffs. Even 2011 had a terrible start.

In general it seems like the same issues come up on this board year after year. Poor O Line, bad penalties, mediocre running game, soft D coverage in key points of the game etc. etc.

Maybe some other that have a higher football IQ than me have some suggestions or answers . If you do please send them to the Lions brass as it sure seems they don’t.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Once again Reilly stand in the pocket waiting to be sacked
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:32 pm
Once again Reilly stand in the pocket waiting to be sacked
Correct. This is all on him now as far as I'm concerned. Kid got in for a play, moved the ball so I guess that wasn't something the coaches liked.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Hi Everyone:

Been a long time since I made a post on here, a few years. In watching the Lions recently, it is clear they are no better a team under Campbell than Claybrooks. The question is if Lions end up not winning another game this year or maybe 1 more and miss the playoffs, will Campbell survive. Also it is clear signing Reilly was a mistake. They have too much money tied up with him and he is under performing to put it politely. They seriously need to cut him loose in the offseason and go with a cheaper option. It isn't working and last few games have been hard to watch. Fan apathy has set in. They are no completive, not entertaining and lack talent. I have no idea what the owner is going to do in the offseason miss the playoffs and finish the year with a bad record. But more has to be done than improve their marketing. The team cannot fall apart because they lose one player, Lucky Whitehead. As for this game, will the Lions even score a touchdown or a point and when will Campbell sit Reilly and play the backup. This game is not enjoyable to watch and I predict it will end in another blowout loss.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Switching back and forth between the Lions and the Habs game. At least the Canadiens are winning
BC 1988
Legend

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:35 pm
In watching the Lions recently, it is clear they are no better a team under Campbell than Claybrooks.
Campbell is even starting to look like Claybrooks did during the numerous 2019 defeats. Staring into space like a statue, mouth open.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Campbell finally found a use for the yellow flag
BC 1988
Legend

Hey, Campbell just moved from his statue pose. HE LIVES!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:44 pm
Hey, Campbell just moved from his statue pose. HE LIVES!!
:wink: :wink:
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:37 pm
Switching back and forth between the Lions and the Habs game. At least the Canadiens are winning
About time. The Habs are having a dreadful start to the season.
BC 1988
Legend

Oh well, Campbell might as well resume the statue pose for the rest of the game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Will the Lions get on the scoreboard tonight ? My prediction is a single off a missed field goal