Condolences to Geroy and Family

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I've just heard that Geroy Simon's wife has passed away. Cause not yet disclosed. Thoughts and prayers are with the family during a difficult time.

http://vancouversun.com/sports/football ... imons-wife
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

x2
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

A staggering loss for our good man Geroy and his family and friends. Not something one can take in stride or even fully grasp. Too many among us, sadly, may know from experience the loss of a dearest one. A sense of loss and sorrow surely reverberates through the club, and now -- rippling out into the community. Offering my heartfelt condolences.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Deepest sympathies to the Simon family. Tracy Lasorsa-Simon was not only the wife of Geroy Simon but was also a Lions' staff member as she was the Lions director of Canadian scouting.

http://www.bclions.com/2017/04/30/bc-li ... rsa-simon/
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Robbie wrote:Deepest sympathies to the Simon family. Tracy Lasorsa-Simon was not only the wife of Geroy Simon but was also a Lions' staff member as she was the Lions director of Canadian scouting.

http://www.bclions.com/2017/04/30/bc-li ... rsa-simon/
Actually, it is Geroy that is the Lions director of Canadian scouting. But due to the poor sentence structure of the article above, I can see the confusion.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sad, condolences to the Simon family.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Heartfelt condolences, Geroy, and to your family and friends.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Deepest condolences to Geroy and family.
David
Team Captain

Devastating news. My heartfelt condolences go out to Geroy and his family.

Not appropriate to speculate, but Geroy played such a big part in the OTAs late last week (instructing the receivers where to position themselves during drills and scrimmage) so I would assume this was an unexpected passing. So sad.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Yes, '"had not been ailing" according to our Lions' communications director Jamie Cartmell. Thus will be all the more devastating for those near and dear. Thoughts and prayers... ongoing.
http://3downnation.com/2017/04/30/wife- ... sses-away/
dtrain
Starter

I can only repeat what everyone has already stated, what a sad and tragic thing to happen.
As longtime and passionate Lions fans, we all share a real connection to the team, staff and players.
My deepest heartfelt condolences.
Big Time
Champion

Terrible news. Tracy used to sit in my section for Lions games. Met her a few times, always friendly, and a big part of the Lions community. Condolences to Geroy and his family.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Horrible and devastating to any family to experience something like this - but always far worse when someone so young is gone.

Unimaginable the grief that this family and their friends must be experiencing now. A sad reminder that we just never know what can happen like this. My heart goes out to Geroy and family and to Tracy's family and friends.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Mikemike
All Star

Certainly a big loss to the Lions family, and to the CFL & fans everywhere. Deepest condolences.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Tracy would have turned 40 today.