Stanley Franks to return to the Lions as assistant coach

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Per Farhan Lalji:
Farhan Lalji‏
@FarhanLaljiTSN

#BCLions will be adding Stanley Franks to their coaching staff as a defensive asst. Spent the past 3 seasons coaching at Idaho St. #CFL
Franks suffered an awful injury at Tempire in 2011 and never played again. It's good to see him return to the den. This should help relieve Mark Washington of some of his responsibilities with the DBs and allow him to focus more on the overall defence.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Well, that's a pretty special bit of news. That was a devastating blow back then, for Lions' fans hopes and more-so by far of course for Stanley Franks's personal aspirations as a player. I was pleased that the team and he seemed to have remained in long-distance contact over the years (one would hear bits and pieces of info about what he was up to, and how he was managing -- his attitude and resilience was impressive and inspirational). And now this. Puts a big smile on my face. Made my day. Welcome back Mr. Franks! Best wishes working with our crop of talented young defenders.
CardiacKid
Legend

I wonder if this is the coaching spot that was rumoured to be earmarked for Ryan Phillip's if he elected to retire? I remember that injury unfortunately. Always glad to see familiar names return to the fold in new roles and perhaps grow into greater responsibilities with the team.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Excellent news.

Welcome back, Stanley. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.