Old BC Lions Games

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

bromick
prospect

Does anyone know where i can get old BC Lions games from the late 70's to early 80's preferably empire stadium games.
David
Team Captain

bromick wrote:Does anyone know where i can get old BC Lions games from the late 70's to early 80's preferably empire stadium games.
I have a full game from 1978 at Empire on DVD. It was played on a crisp, clear night on 10/21/78 in which we beat Ottawa 20-17. There are 2 other games avaiable from that year, but I don't have them. One was BC at Montreal on 8/22/78 (in front of over 65,000 fans at Olympic Stadium!), and the other was BC at Toronto from 10/29/78. You can view both on YouTube.

Unfortunately, nothing exists from the magic 10-6 season (and exciting West Semi Final win) of 1977 as far as I'm aware.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Qman
Champion

bromick wrote:Does anyone know where i can get old BC Lions games from the late 70's to early 80's preferably empire stadium games.
Youtube ... mostly road games though
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Choose a season here and you will likely find a YouTube clip of a Lions game in that season.
http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewforum.php?f=24
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
bromick
prospect

You can get footage from the library and archives canada you have to get permission from the CFL,each game is only approx 25 minutes long with no sound and black and white.The games are from film reels this is the only empire stadium stuff i could find.I beleive these are called coach's films.
bromick
prospect

Hi David
Here's the link to the library and archives canada but there not cheap i got 4 games each about 25 minutes long cost me $90.00 dollars
i think there full games but just from the snap to the end of the play thats why there only 25 minutes long.I actually have that game you have but thanks anyways i'm kind of a collector i have around 90 games on dvd.
Last edited by bromick on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Saskatchewan at BC in 1968. Not exactly great football, but cool to see part of a vintage CFL broadcast and the commercials for Canadian Pacific. At one point late in the game, BC takes a safety and keeps possession of the ball. The Lions were trailing by 4 at the time, so giving up the safety was a way to keep possession in order to try to score the go-ahead touchdown. I can't find any information of when the safety rule was changed to what we have today.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

1985 West Final. A nail biter first half but ultimately a blow out victory for the Lions on their way to a championship season. Ned Amour had a great game in relief of injured MOP Mervyn Fernandez. A treat to see again just how talented Darnell Clash was. Hard to believe he only played 4 seasons of professional football. I can't recall why his career ended so early.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:

Saskatchewan at BC in 1968. Not exactly great football, but cool to see part of a vintage CFL broadcast and the commercials for Canadian Pacific. At one point late in the game, BC takes a safety and keeps possession of the ball. The Lions were trailing by 4 at the time, so giving up the safety was a way to keep possession in order to try to score the go-ahead touchdown. I can't find any information of when the safety rule was changed to what we have today.
Not great football, apart from Jim Young on that last drive and Spaghetti Legs Parker scrambling on the last play (otherwise he looked positively ancient out there). But accurate, perceptive and no-nonsense play-by-play, no endless delays in between plays, no useless graphics, sound effects and other gimmicks. No showboating. And real Canadian football signals, though the ref did seem to be putting on a bit of a show a couple of times there. And the hashmarks out wide where they should be. I'll take it.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I was just out in Detroit for the final 2 games at Joe Louis. I have a buddy out there who used to be a Total-CFL regular. Over the years he supplied me with some neat Red Wings collectibles and memorabilia and I sent him some BC Lions and CFL stuff. We met for an afternoon while I was out there. Somewhat of an odd couple what with me being from BC and wearing my early 70s vintage Mickey Redmond game worn jersey and Doug from Detroit wearing a BC Lions hoody with the paw print logo. Doug surprised me with year another package of Wings stuff. Amongst it though he included a memory stick with several vintage CFL games he'd downloaded. Included are the 1956 CFL All-Star from Empire, a 1969 Lions game (yes David with Leroy Sledge), a couple of games circa Jerry and the Cardiacs and a few other Lions or CFL games from the 80s. I haven't had a chance to look at all of them yet but will post the list when I get a chance.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.