Starting Lineup so far

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rodu
Champion

QB- J Jennings
RB- J Johnson
FB- R Lumbala
WR- F Gore
WR-
SB- M Arceneaux
SB-
SB-
LT- J Olifioye
LG-
C- C Husband
RG- K Fabien
RT- A Johnson

DE- C Roh/D Menard (neither were really full time)
DT-
DT-
DE-
LB- S Elimimian
LB-
N- L Purifoy
CB- Stewart
CB- Clarke
HB- Phillips
HB- Fenner
S- Edem

K-
P-
LS- M Benson
KR- C Rainey
Last edited by Rodu on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Looks like last year's lineup minus those who have departed to the NFL or have yet to sign? Unless I missed something Iannuzzi is still unsigned.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

Will be interesting to see who among the 5 FAs that have signed down south, actually stick.

My guess is 2 or 3 (with Leone having the best odds of being a starter). As for Burnham, if I had to put money on it, I think he will re-sign here in BC before the FA period. Just a hunch.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Qman
Champion

Vaillancourt will slide in a G if steward walks ... we just don't have the depth or competition we had last year
Rodu
Champion

fixed for Iannuzzi.

Looks like we need a lot of work on the d line and someone to replace Fenner, hopefully TJ Lee
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

According to Matt Baker, Yell and Lee have received offers from Wally, so that's a promising sign about their recovery. Having them both back would allow Clarke to take over Phillips' spot. I don't expect Phillips back unless it's as a coach. Brandon Stewart won't be back. LU has reported Stewart could miss the entire season due to reconstructive knee surgery. That gives Keynan Parker a chance to claim the starting spot at field corner.

On the D-line, the Lions have re-signed international defensive ends Darius Allen and Andrew Hudson, both of whom saw action last year. I don't know if either will be a starter but there's plenty of depth at that position. The same goes for linebacker. I expect Dyshawn Davis to replace Bighill but Cameron Ontko could also compete there. The big hole is in the middle of the line. If Brooks and Turner leave, there is no one in sight to step up. George Uko, who impressed in training camp last year and spent the season on the practice roster, has not been re-signed for 2017.
David
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:On the D-line, the Lions have re-signed international defensive ends Darius Allen and Andrew Hudson, both of whom saw action last year. I don't know if either will be a starter but there's plenty of depth at that position.
Yup. There's also Maxx Forde who will be pushing for playing time in the rotation.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:On the D-line, the Lions have re-signed international defensive ends Darius Allen and Andrew Hudson, both of whom saw action last year. I don't know if either will be a starter but there's plenty of depth at that position.
Yup. There's also Maxx Forde who will be pushing for playing time in the rotation.

I forgot about Forde but I liked his development last year. He could replace Westerman as a second national in a six-man DL rotation.
Blitz
Team Captain

We'd be insane not to sign Steward.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Blitz
Team Captain

cfl.ca writes that two Leos could benefit from new situations this season.

Jabar Westerman
DT | BC

Jabar Westerman (left) racked up a career-high five sacks for the Lions last season (Jimmy Jeong/CFL.ca)
While Jamaal became an instant CFL star at age 30, his younger brother, Jabar, took a different path. Jabar has been a regular contributor in five seasons with the Lions but just hasn’t found the same level of stardom.
Wally Buono likely wants him back but if things don’t work out, a new look for Westerman could pay dividends.
Westerman has 75 tackles and 17 sacks in 85 games for the Lions, including a career-high five sacks in 2016.

Ronnie Yell
CB BC

Ronnie Yell looks to return to his role as a starting corner in 2017 (Jimmy Jeong/CFL.ca)
Once on track to become a star, Yell dealt with injuries in 2016 on the way to just 10 starts.
A proven corner in the prime of his career, can the 25-year-old get back to his shutdown form in 2017?
There are plenty of teams that could use a player of his ilk but Yell will have some competition from other free agents, too.
fa17
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Qman
Champion

FYI: westerman

gary lawlessVerified Jan31

sources say @cfl #cfl @BCLions have yet to offer N TD Jabar Westerman a contract and he could be headed for free agency on Feb. 14

Roar Report ‏@RoarReport Feb 2

#bclions 2016 DLine:
Menard - signed
Bazzie - no interest from wally on big $; went to NFL
Brooks - friction with mgmt; wants to go to NFL
Roh: ?
Turner: ?
Westerman: wally hasn't contacted or offered a contract
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

B.C.FAN wrote:
David wrote:

I forgot about Forde but I liked his development last year. He could replace Westerman as a second national in a six-man DL rotation.
I like Menard (he has a motor) more than Bazzie so if Menard gets to start, imo it will be an upgrade and Menard is a NAT. So that is 2 NATs that can start on D line and 1 NAT rotational guy or 1 starter and 2 rotational guys. :thup:
Qman
Champion

FYI: Roh

Roar Report ‏@RoarReport
I'm guessing based on the # of community relations visits Roh has been on, he "likely" has agreed to terms with #bclions and sign b4 feb14
David
Team Captain

Do any of you guys know what's going on with Mic'hael Brooks? I get that he wanted to pursue NFL opportunities as that's where he got his start (although he seems a little under-sized to be a starter down there). But I am hearing there was some 'friction' with Management. What does that mean? That they are far apart on a contract, or does it go deeper than that?

Everything I saw in the locker room footage and at practices showed a guy who seemingly loved being a BC Lion. He seemed positive, upbeat, and respectful of his coaches and a really good teammate. I understand that he had a couple of ankle sprains that could have hindered his progress, as he definitely had a rather quiet campaign in 2016 IMHO. However, I do think he's a valuable contributor and should be a priority re-signing.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Qman
Champion

David wrote:Do any of you guys know what's going on with Mic'hael Brooks? I get that he wanted to pursue NFL opportunities as that's where he got his start (although he seems a little under-sized to be a starter down there). But I am hearing there was some 'friction' with Management. What does that mean? That they are far apart on a contract, or does it go deeper than that?

Everything I saw in the locker room footage and at practices showed a guy who seemingly loved being a BC Lion. He seemed positive, upbeat, and respectful of his coaches and a really good teammate. I understand that he had a couple of ankle sprains that could have hindered his progress, as he definitely had a rather quiet campaign in 2016 IMHO. However, I do think he's a valuable contributor and should be a priority re-signing.

brooks isn't happy with the scheme here and wants to play 3-tech, not NT. Wally said this week that he is trying find a NFL team until the spring, then he will comeback to cfl. All this might be a smoke screen, someone might offer 200k+ on Feb14