New BC Lions Jersey for 2016

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

The Orange is OK ... I like the shade of orange used the white is kinda meh ... could use a little black to make it stand out
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Spud387
Champion

Sheesh, the sleeves on the replica jerseys are nothing like the ones the players will be wearing.
almo89
Legend

Spud387 wrote:Sheesh, the sleeves on the replica jerseys are nothing like the ones the players will be wearing.
I don't know why the CFL doesn't officially sell authentic jerseys. The quality is way nicer and the sleeves look way better as well. You can only get them at locker room sales and it's always slim pickings if you are not a season ticket holder. Left with just O lineman jerseys.
BC 1988
Legend

Qman wrote: Road look - terrible.
This is so ugly.
I assume they will revert to black helmets and pants by mid-season. This is terrible
The roads would actually be ok if they did that --have the same black helmet as at home. Black pants or at least some black striping would also help.
CardiacKid
Legend

Well, the wife won't be buying one, that's for sure. Unless she was pulling my leg when she texted me earlier, "the jerseys are ugly!!!!!!" So much for me playing the "we gotta go matchy-matchy" card.

For those of you who were all jacked up and prepped to drop some coin today only to feel let down, JerseyCity is selling all its CFL apparel for 70% off starting today. I picked up a Lulay jersey (Reebok of course) that was stitched for $70. Not sure if that 70% is just in-store....
aklawitter
All Star

i really like the new helmet. reminds me of a lion circling it's prey, ready to attack.

i also like the road kit. i wish the homes had that shade of orange, though. wtf why a different shade?

add:
white outlines on the homes, black outlines on the roads.

change:
the numbers. make it a jersey-knit style, not this goofy looking electrical tape thing they got going on. also not really a fan of white facemasks.

retail:

that looks awful. i'm not buying that, if that is the final retail $130 fan jersey. if it was one of those $30 licensed walmart jerseys, maybe.
smphantom
Legend

Yeah, I'm very disappointed in both the home and away. Agree that the tramp stamp is horrible but, the good thing is I won't be spending any money buying one unless they grow on me over time.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

CardiacKid wrote:Well, the wife won't be buying one, that's for sure. Unless she was pulling my leg when she texted me earlier, "the jerseys are ugly!!!!!!" So much for me playing the "we gotta go matchy-matchy" card.

For those of you who were all jacked up and prepped to drop some coin today only to feel let down, JerseyCity is selling all its CFL apparel for 70% off starting today. I picked up a Lulay jersey (Reebok of course) that was stitched for $70. Not sure if that 70% is just in-store....
I'm not an replica jersey guy saving my money for game worn stuff or every day type wearables like hats, golf shirts and jackets. I've have 3 jerseys and 4 helmets in the game worn collection. Until last year's giveaway for renewing season tickets my replica jersey wardrobe stood 1, the classic road white Merv jersey as seen in my avatar. I bought some 30 years ago and break it out every year at Grey Cup then put it away until next Grey Cup.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

its not a new logo. Just the design on the helmet. several major US colleges have helmet designs that don't incorporate the official logo.
Regardless, the assumption here is that if you're going to wear that helmet for 9 home games, should you not be plastering that "not new logo" on something people can buy?

I have nothing against the not old one and I don't mind the tramp stamp as much as some other people, but if you're going to plaster a "not new" one for something more than a single game (like Under Armour does, most of which are dreadful) and make a product launch out of it, you should probably have merchandise ready to move, you know?
Qman
Champion

aklawitter wrote:i really like the new helmet. reminds me of a lion circling it's prey, ready to attack.

i also like the road kit. i wish the homes had that shade of orange, though. wtf why a different shade?

add:
white outlines on the homes, black outlines on the roads.

change:
the numbers. make it a jersey-knit style, not this goofy looking electrical tape thing they got going on. also not really a fan of white facemasks.

retail:

that looks awful. i'm not buying that, if that is the final retail $130 fan jersey. if it was one of those $30 licensed walmart jerseys, maybe.
numbers are same font as staubach-era comboys numbers (if you thought in your head they look familar). They appear to have a glossy gradient in the bottom third to make them unique. The new wordmark is similar to staubach-era comboys as well, maybe some in the lions hierarchy is a dallas cowboys fan
LFITQ
Team Captain

Just doing a drive by posting here on my 2 cents.

The big thing that stood out for me on the redo is that it appears that Lions are finally making it public what many of us have been feeling for quite awhile.

The new logo on the helmets drops the "BC" much like how the front office has been forgetting they were the "BC" Lions. Now they are that much closer to being just the Vancouver Lions.

I'm guessing this is their way of finally publicly acknowledging it.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
almo89
Legend

Can't wait to pick up a couple mini helmets. Really like the design. I would have preferred orange bars, but they still look cool.
CardiacKid
Legend

I have had a day to mull it over and I am still kinda meh......I actually like the look of the home jersey on the players but that feeds my main frustration, namely why did the jersey available to the fans have to be different? My main complaint is the placement of the numbers and that stripe effect on the sleeves; why not have it match the style of the player jersey? If I do get one, I just might choose to get a game-worn jersey at the locker room sale.

The team is definitely emphasizing the home jersey in its advertising, the away jersey is getting hardly any press in comparison. I can almost hear Jennings go "why do I have to model the away jersey?" It makes me wonder if the team brass collectively went "meh" as well.

I will pass final judgement when I can actually see one up close and personal.
David
Team Captain

"One area where we don’t want to fool around is the uniform. That is sacred to us.” -

Len Rhodes - President and CEO, Edmonton Eskimos

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Then (on the right)

Now

Awesome. Then again, I freely acknowledge that I may be the only one to get the similarities.