2015 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dupsdell1
Champion

Qman wrote:looks like the game in a couple weeks has only a couple thousand tickets left.
already sold through 2 endzone releases, and now are working through the upper third of the endzone with basically only last rows left (although i don't think they have released last 4 rows of the some of the corners)

Screenshot 2015-09-24 17.24.02.png

Would not go by this Dennis is probably hiding a few thousand tickets somewhere to make it look like there is not many left.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

dupsdell1 wrote:
Qman wrote:looks like the game in a couple weeks has only a couple thousand tickets left.
already sold through 2 endzone releases, and now are working through the upper third of the endzone with basically only last rows left (although i don't think they have released last 4 rows of the some of the corners)

Would not go by this Dennis is probably hiding a few thousand tickets somewhere to make it look like there is not many left.

Or is it the Rider game we are talking about here and there might be more Rider fans in attendance than Lions fans, or it might just seem that way. Either way the two teams are fighting for the basement.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

DanoT wrote:
sj-roc wrote:
Hambone wrote:Don't know if it's coincidence or not but they are flogging black w/orange trim jerseys at the AC/DC concert tonight. Look very similar to the gun metal blacks except not gun metal. There are also some looking like Quebec Nordique jerseys. They played the Plains of Abraham a couple weeks ago.
Yeah I saw those in a Van City Buzz article a few weeks ago, mentioned it in the collectors' section on here at the time: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28269

They are definitely riffing on the colour schemes of local sports teams (for each city on their current tour including here and QC as you note and several other Cdn stops), but AFAIK they aren't authorised by the various leagues or teams. The VCB article (link in the aforementioned thread) has pics of several versions of what they're selling including jersey themed after the Lions, a few other Cdn teams and SF Giants. You can find the full selection, including many aimed at US markets, if you go to the merch section of AC/DC's website: http://store.acdc.com/apparel/jerseys.html
For Edmonton and Vancouver they did CFL and not NHL. :thup: :thup: :thup:
And at $150 each they were selling very well I might add. Also of note beers were $9.50 each for a can of Kokanee or other domestic canned beers.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

DanoT wrote:Or is it the Rider game we are talking about here and there might be more Rider fans in attendance than Lions fans, or it might just seem that way. Either way the two teams are fighting for the basement.
I do know a few Rider fans who skipped the game in July in favour of the one October 3rd. Some may have opted to skip this one too given the way the season unfolded for them.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
dupsdell1
Champion

Who thinks if the lions do not show any promise by the end of the year, do not make the playoffs , etc. will season tickets decline to 10,000 next year ?

do not want to see this happen but the lions are in danger from possibly going bankrupt in the next couple of years if things do not change.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

dupsdell1 wrote:Who thinks if the lions do not show any promise by the end of the year, do not make the playoffs , etc. will season tickets decline to 10,000 next year ?

do not want to see this happen but the lions are in danger from possibly going bankrupt in the next couple of years if things do not change.

The Lions current coaching philosophy of playing not to lose is resulting in very boring football that is guaranteed to lose fans and is doing a pretty good job of losing games as well. :bang:
Qman
Champion

dupsdell1 wrote:Who thinks if the lions do not show any promise by the end of the year, do not make the playoffs , etc. will season tickets decline to 10,000 next year ?

You almost got banned for this trolling crap 2 months ago ... your asking for it. i'd stick to actual game talk if i were you.

FYI: Lions made more than $9million last year. Your spouting total crap.
Last edited by Qman on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Under Skulsky's "business plan" the Lions will simply raise prices for the remaining season ticket holders. After all, their research shows we make an average of $80,000 per year.
dupsdell1
Champion

Qman wrote:

You almost got banned for this trolling crap 2 months ago ... your asking for it. i'd stick to actual game talk if i were you.

dupsdell1
Champion

dupsdell1 wrote:
Qman wrote:

No Need to be threaten will not put up with that . you are going to be getting kicked out not me.
Qman
Champion

Now selling the final 4 rows in the endzones. Doubt they will completely sellout but looks like only 1500ish tickets left.
Should be a good atmosphere in saturday!!!
Can't wait for gameday!
Screenshot 2015-09-29 15.00.31.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hope there are more fans than the Washington Huskies marching band.
dupsdell1
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:Hope there are more fans than the Washington Huskies marching band.

We will see I say at the most 23,000
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Hope there are more fans than the Washington Huskies marching band.
That's a big band, so we'll see.
David
Team Captain

dupsdell1 wrote:We will see I say at the most 23,000
4-8 aside, I have a hard time believing that a sunny post-Labour Day late Saturday afternoon game vs the Riders with playoff implications on the horizon will not eclipse our first gate against them (23,062) and be our largest crowd of the season.

Ed Willes even referenced this in his column today in The Province. He must be getting this from someone within the organization?
"....and the lower bowl at B.C. Place will be at or near capacity."

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar