Lions Are a Team in Peril As We Face Calgary and Edmonton

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

My thought as well. Guess Buono thinks we have championship caliber players and don't need any help.
peeby
Starter

Concerning bringing in guys not on NFL rosters right now, I think the learning curve might be a bit much for many positions. That would make it slightly counter-productive to bring them in for anything other than a look-see for next year's camp. Defensive linemen are different, however. I believe they can come in, start to make the adjustment to the one yard off the ball, then get to it. But WR's? That AC Leonard guy was here for training camp, then hung around on the practice roster before he got his chance. When he did, he looked baffled. Not sure we can bring in Manny's replacement right now. Unless it's that Hawkins guy with Courtenay Taylor coming back into the line-up.

Of course, if we'd drafted Nick Demski instead of the DL who doesn't play, we'd have a long bomb threat.