Will Andrew Harris Be Back Next Season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

peeby wrote:Travis Lulay hands off to Andrew Harris, he rips one for fifteen yards and it's another first down for the Bombers.

I think Harris is one of those Winnipeggers you meet who actually would like to go back there, no? I don't see ratios as the issue some coaches seem to. You have 2 RB's, one CDN, one INT, and when you alternate, you change a INT WR for a NAT or visa versa.
Ratio busters are huge in the CFL.... Cornish and Walters are nationals. BUT I favour two top backs and if that means you need an International with Harris - then so be it.

Harris would likely want to stay in BC if he can and no doubt an influence might be that he part owns Meat City with Jon H-R - former Lion.
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
dupsdell1
Champion

It figures he wants out , totally dysfunctional organization and team going no were fast
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:It figures he wants out , totally dysfunctional organization and team going no were fast
I don't think anyone, not even AH himself, is saying he wants out. Just speculation at this point. Even the title of this thread is a question (although the q mark seems to be missing).
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
dupsdell1
Champion

sj-roc wrote:
dupsdell1 wrote:It figures he wants out , totally dysfunctional organization and team going no were fast
I don't think anyone, not even AH himself, is saying he wants out. Just speculation at this point. Even the title of this thread is a question (although the q mark seems to be missing).

Ok then thought he mentioned it but not in those words, heard he did not even shower after the game just walked out .
peeby
Starter

I forgot about that restaurant thing. Plus, the guy's been in BC prior to playing for the Lions (with the jr team on the island). I would like to see Andrew Harris stay myself. Still don't believe you need to have a CDN backing up a CDN starter the way the Lions seem to do it. Harris comes out for Joe American: A CDN WR goes in for one of the INT WR's.

Speaking of a CDN backup for a CDN starter. Any real reason why Shaque Murray-Lawrence isn't going in sometimes? Probably can't block as well as Harris, but why not put him in there the odd time?
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

dupsdell1 wrote:
sj-roc wrote:

Ok then thought he mentioned it but not in those words, heard he did not even shower after the game just walked out .

On the Lions Den Pawdcast they joked that with 3 carries and a couple pass receptions Harris didn't need a shower because he didn't even break a sweat. :wink:
CardiacKid
Legend

I expect Harris will be back but I don't think Tedford or Cortez rate him very highly. Otherwise he would feature more often and more prominently in the offence. He simply isn't getting enough touches and Harris has to be one of the easiest backs in the league to get involved in the playbook with his pass catching abilities to go with the rushing.

The broadcast team on TSN referred to Harris as a high priced decoy and were totally going "what gives" with his absence from the offence. His lack of touches is distressing.

I am also fearful that Tedford and Cortez regard Harris as a distraction, maybe even worse than that. The business with Harris storming out of BC Place after the Ottawa game, his demeanour on the sidelines as well as some teething pains Harris experienced when assuming a leadership role on the team, may be eating at Tedford's estimation of him.

I want the guy back. I think the vast majority of Lions' fans want him back. The guy is pure gold who along with Cornish has folks thinking that maybe, just maybe, Canadian kids can play the skill positions.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

CardiacKid wrote:I expect Harris will be back but I don't think Tedford or Cortez rate him very highly. Otherwise he would feature more often and more prominently in the offence. He simply isn't getting enough touches and Harris has to be one of the easiest backs in the league to get involved in the playbook with his pass catching abilities to go with the rushing.

The broadcast team on TSN referred to Harris as a high priced decoy and were totally going "what gives" with his absence from the offence. His lack of touches is distressing.

I am also fearful that Tedford and Cortez regard Harris as a distraction, maybe even worse than that. The business with Harris storming out of BC Place after the Ottawa game, his demeanour on the sidelines as well as some teething pains Harris experienced when assuming a leadership role on the team, may be eating at Tedford's estimation of him.

I want the guy back. I think the vast majority of Lions' fans want him back. The guy is pure gold who along with Cornish has folks thinking that maybe, just maybe, Canadian kids can play the skill positions.

Normally I would disagree with the speculation in this post, and I would argue that Tedford/Cortez couldn't possibly be so clueless as to under value Harris. However there have been so many strange even bizarre decisions with this team from drafting to player evaluation and player cuts, play calling, play book and saying they are going to do something and then not doing it that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH TEAM TRAIN WRECK. :dizzy: