Lions vs. Redblacks Sept. 13 - Game Day thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

randymeeks
Legend

A purrfect end to another piss poor performance. The last couple years have been bad. Even when the Lions win, they win ugly. Less than 20,000 in the stands for this game should tell you the fans are fed up and aren't going to come out to watch this any more.
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Attendance 19,833
swervynmerv
Legend

No wonder fans don't show up! Would you want to watch awful, non entertaining team inside a stadium or enjoy another gorgeous day in Vancouver?

At years end there may be less than 15,000 at games.
maxlion
Legend

D had holes but gave team a chance to win. Just spent too much time on the field thanks to mistakes and penalties on offense.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

There should be a mercy rule. That is by far the worst game I've watch in a decade.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Benny thanking the gods he got fired. Right now he is the top candidate for any HC vacancy in 2016 but I he had stayed on as the coach of this sad sack bunch his career would be over in November.
jcalhoun
Starter

swervynmerv wrote:No wonder fans don't show up! Would you want to watch awful, non entertaining team inside a stadium or enjoy another gorgeous day in Vancouver?

At year's end there may be less than 15,000 at games.
You know, I was going to go do yard work after the first quarter but got sucked back into watching. Now, I'm resentful that I've wasted three + hours.

The next two weeks see the Lions play Calgary and a Reilly-led Edmonton. Umm...those games are foregone conclusions. Why would anyone watch if this is the level of preparation & execution we're going to be treated to?

If you raffled off a chance for someone from the public to play running back for the Lions, they could get more yards rushing than Harris today: 3 yards on 4 carries. Well, maybe not behind our line, but theoretically.

Ugh.

James
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:It's over. I have zero confidence in Cortez and the offence. Is the death watch on Tedford back on ?

Unfortunately for George, he was castrated by Wally the very day he accepted the job of OC in BC.

Pasquale's incessant meddling in the affairs of the team's coaching, operations and personnel changes, has consistently undermined the integrity of our organization (the devoted and esteemed supporters of the British Columbia Lions), and by his own hands caused this team to fail season after season since, and now more than ever before come home to roust upon us all, since Robert Ackles death in 2007.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Earnest Jacksin putting on a show at the Lion's expense
He sure did. Didn't want to be second fiddle to Manny. Good to see him flourish in Ottawa.

Did Manny give up on that Beck INT??
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Manny hasn't been an impact player for weeks let alone a marquee receiver. We could do just as well and spend far less money on a rookie in his spot.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Fan7
Rookie

Interesting,NO vertical game at all, No attempt to establish a vertical game? Continue to run zone read, most first downs, never keep, allow lineman to crash virtually every first down? Wally has always been in love with Manny although he's never produced? Defense awful! Wally apparently proposed the contact on receiver rule, this has ruined the CFL. Zone D no vertical game and too many penalties. Reviewing too many plays, takes away the excitement and flow of the game. Let's get back to playing physical Football and live with the odd mistake the Officials will make. Review scoring plays and turnovers only. The current game is driving away fans.
Fan7
Rookie

No vertical game, no desire or attempt to establish a vertical game. First down, run zone read, never keep, allowing lineman to crash every first down? Defense awful, LBs making tackles 8 to 10 yards down field. Rush 3 or 4 play soft zone?

The CFL game is in trouble.Wally takes credit for the Conact on Receiver rule, too many penalties, has hurt the vertical game as this now a zone D league. Do not review every big play, takes away the excitement and flow of the game. Review only turn overs and scoring plays. Let the Officials' officiate the game and live with the odd error. Call penalties on things that effect the play "No harm, no foul". Nothing ruins the integrity of the game when... A DB' lightly contacts a receiver 40 yards down field on the left side line as the QB is running for his life to his right and a flag is thrown! Let's get back to exciting physical football not this No Contact League garbage.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

If you missed the post game show on TSN 1040 it's a must listen to.

If you haven't the time -you might want to catch the Angus Reid part about being a pro athlete and passion/motivation in that last segment.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The AWfence was a total no show. The Cortez offence is BLAND, BLAND, BLAND
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Toppy Vann wrote:If you missed the post game show on TSN 1040 it's a must listen to.

If you haven't the time -you might want to catch the Angus Reid part about being a pro athlete and passion/motivation in that last segment.
Farhan Laji also said in the post game show that if Tedford wants to shake things up and send a message to the team, he should cut Manny and replace him with Taylor. I suggested benching Manny to send a message after he mouthed off after the loss to Montreal. Instead Tedford benched Taylor.

Laji also said that Manny is in his option year and he won't be back next season. I don't doubt that Manny has too big a contract based on his play.

If Tedford is true to form to his coaching style as a Lions HC, he will do nothing.