Lions at Ottawa July 4 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ravi
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Big Time wrote:Clock management in the last two minutes was absolutely atrocious. They could have taken at least twenty seconds off the clock but got the play off early. With 40 seconds left, why punt it when the play clock is at 12 seconds? I knew as soon as they did that they would be giving up three befor the end of the half. Don't know who makes that call but whoever did needs to understand the clock better. Could have taken 10 more seconds off and left the half tied. Those little mistakes are infuriating.

:bang:
Rookie mistake by Leone.
What a huge mistake! Hopefully for the Lions, those three points won't be the difference in the game.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. LULAY 11/18 156 0 0
Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
A. HARRIS 10 41 0 7
Be nice to see some holes for Harris. Shame on our organization for being forced to start 3 Ints in the O Line. Complete lack of development in the 12 Dorazio years. Many high draft picks with little to show for it.
Decent offensive stats overall, with 204 yards for the Lions and 207 for Ottawa.

Andrew Harris is still too tentative. He does not have the burst or the strength that he showed in the past. This is just his second live action since his ankle injury. I don't think he has recovered psychologically. I hope he can get back to where he was.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nice start to the 2nd half
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Ott DB outfights Collie for the ball = INT.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Damn :bang: :bang:
dupsdell1
Champion

this is a joke
dupsdell1
Champion

listen guys I love the lions but this is a joke I am done lets go hawks
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions got a big break
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Lapo suggests this up tempo offense is somehow great to get the play in. In reality this method of signalling to all but the QB gives the DEF the edge (like in baseball - pick off the signals). Travis is great as he gets the snap off just second or two before a time count violation.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Big Time
Champion

That should be a safety! Watch them now place it on the 3 yard line. CFL Command!
Last edited by Big Time on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Looks like the Lions have got possession
almo89
Legend

dupsdell1 wrote:listen guys I love the lions but this is a joke I am done lets go hawks
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Definitely a safety.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Wild snap over Burris's head. Officials rule Burris recovered at his own 1yd line but Tedford will challenge. This should be a safety touch as Burris pulled the ball into his body, in goal.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:listen guys I love the lions but this is a joke I am done lets go hawks
BC's first game. Relax, enjoy. New coaches need time too.

SAFETY but now that last shot -- I was not as sure. I thought it was S right off but the final shot... I was saying no...

Holding WTF .. nice run
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy