Angus Reid Surgery

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cheer_leader
prospect

Angus Reid's surgery scheduled tomorrow.

Keeping good thoughts, prayers for a great Lion!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

cheer_leader wrote:Angus Reid's surgery scheduled tomorrow.

Keeping good thoughts, prayers for a great Lion!
X2-----Hope he's at Fresgo's soon working on his rehab......
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I wish Angus well.
Lions Fan in SK
prospect

Good luck Angus. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
David
Team Captain

According to TSN's Farhan Lalji and NEWS1130, Travis underwent ligament tightening surgery on this right shoulder this morning. Recovery time will be 5 months, so he's expected to report to training camp on time. This was the course of action recommended by club doctors.

Good luck to Travis. :cr:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It's 3-for-1 day in the operating room. According to LU, Emmanuel Arceneaux is also having surgery in Surrey today after an MRI revealed he played part of the season with a partial ACL tear.

Link
Rammer
Team Captain

May the best results come forth for all the surgeries, and I am happy that they are happening as quickly as they are in the off season. Hopefully each can make decisions for their respective futures based on successful surgery. Of course Angus decision may be more about front office work than field work.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:May the best results come forth for all the surgeries, and I am happy that they are happening as quickly as they are in the off season. Hopefully each can make decisions for their respective futures based on successful surgery. Of course Angus decision may be more about front office work than field work.
:whs: and rehab will be the fun part..... :cool:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
Rammer wrote:May the best results come forth for all the surgeries, and I am happy that they are happening as quickly as they are in the off season. Hopefully each can make decisions for their respective futures based on successful surgery. Of course Angus decision may be more about front office work than field work.
:whs: and rehab will be the fun part..... :cool:
Other than the back surgery for Reid - these days rehabs are going smoother as athletes are doing prep work ahead of surgery to ensure that the muscles, etc in the repair zone are in best shape prior to the knife.

These guys get to surgery faster as they are worker injuries than say amateur athletes and when I played sports nothing was done prior to surgery. Now these same amateurs with an ankle or knee injury are at physio before surgery so they recover faster and stronger. Physios today espec. the top ones take pride in returning athletes as quickly as possible and also stronger to prevent other injury.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
BC 1988
Legend

David wrote:According to TSN's Farhan Lalji and NEWS1130, Travis underwent ligament tightening surgery on this right shoulder this morning. Recovery time will be 5 months, so he's expected to report to training camp on time. This was the course of action recommended by club doctors.

Good luck to Travis. :cr:

DH :cool:
Has Travis had only 2 shoulder surgeries in his career?
http://sharpformen.com/sympatico-luxury ... -football/
Interesting article right after the '11 GC win. The torn labrum surgery in '07 did give him a good run of injury-free seasons.

I'm glad he decided to have this done right away.