Bombers vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Solar Max wrote:How is it possible to recover a fumble when you never touch the ball???

Proulx is making it up as he goes along. Again.

Moron.
I don't get that either. How does interference give them the ball?
That's the rule I quoted above. The penalty is loss of ball at point of foul.
Have you EVER seen that called?

I'm 906 and I never ever have.

He's grasping...you may not know it but It's plainly obvious.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

McCallum extends the lead from 34 yards out. 18-7 BC.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
sj-roc wrote:
Gerry wrote:I don't get that either. How does interference give them the ball?
That's the rule I quoted above. The penalty is loss of ball at point of foul.
Have you EVER seen that called?

I'm 906 and I never ever have.

He's graping...you may not know it but It's plainly obvious.
As a matter of fact I have. Not that often mind you, but the rule is there.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Boy, Marsh made up for that PI call quickly! 25-7 BC with the convert.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Perfectly timed interception by Dante Marsh. Made amends to his pass interference call.
David
Team Captain

Lionbackers can be a bit critical of our defence at times. But this can be a really scary good unit.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

McCallum bounces a punt into goal for a rouge. 26-7 BC.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

3 touchdowns by the defence tonight.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Parks scores a major on a fumble recovery.

Makes the score:

BC Defence 21
BC Offence 12
Winnipeg 7
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Bombers shrink the lead on a Clarence Denmark TD reception. 33-14 BC.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Half time. As one sided as the first half was, Wpg's offence has actually outscored ours so far.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Our offence needs to get untracked (have you heard that before). Defence outscoring our offence.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote: As a matter of fact I have. Not that often mind you, but the rule is there.
Now I remember why I wasn't posting here.

Congratulations on your sheer genius, and your lack of regard for anyone else's opinion.

Cheers.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wouldn't be a surprise if Pierce starts the second half.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
sj-roc wrote: As a matter of fact I have. Not that often mind you, but the rule is there.
Now I remember why I wasn't posting here.

Congratulations on your sheer genius, and your lack of regard for anyone else's opinion.

Cheers.
I beg your pardon? You asked me a question, so I answered it and even conceded it's not an everyday kind of play. Where is this lack of regard you're talking about? :S

Even if nobody ever saw it before I don't know what difference this would make as long as the rule is there and they apply it properly.

Before this season I never saw dual possession on an onside kick with a re-kick ruling nor did I hear anyone who claimed to have done so when this scenario arose a month or two ago.