So what's the verdict on the alternate unis?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

How would you rate the Lions' new 3rd uniforms?

Absolutely fantastic!
59%
I like them
20%
Meh - don't love 'em, but don't hate them either
5%
Not my thing, baby!
9%
Hate them
7%

Total votes: 56
MikeAK
All Star

almo89 wrote:As long as they wear it only once or twice a year, I'm fine with it. If we go full time with it, it'll get boring like it did in the 90's. The Lions have to stick with orange as their main colour. I actually liked the 70s retros best with the orange jerseys with black numbers. I wouldn't mind if we went with those full time, but the key is orange has to be the main colour no matter what.
Some of us really dislike the orange jersey altogether. I think we'll see more people wearing the 3rds just simply because the color isn't as flashy and easily blends with a persons day-to-day clothing. I don't really care what the Lions wear on the field as long as the product is good but I must admit that I'm pleased to finally have an option besides the orange or whites jerseys. I almost never wear the orange unless I'm going to a game or football party. These 3rds I will happily wear any day.
Spud387
Champion

smphantom wrote:CTV BC News at 6 did a feature on the high demand but lack of supply for the new jerseys. Glad I got mine right away! :cool:

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=99030 ... tPageNum=1
That was quite possibly one of the dumbest pieces I have seen. New jerseys are in high demand and everyone things they look good? Lets make it a negative spin and say how they are gettin gmixed reviews and its unfair people can;t get them right now :/
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:
smphantom wrote:CTV BC News at 6 did a feature on the high demand but lack of supply for the new jerseys. Glad I got mine right away! :cool:

That was quite possibly one of the dumbest pieces I have seen. New jerseys are in high demand and everyone things they look good? Lets make it a negative spin and say how they are gettin gmixed reviews and its unfair people can;t get them right now :/
Well, it's local Vancouver TV. Of course it's dumb. That's a given. And, oh, by the way, how can we work our ridiculous and undeserved obsession with our tiresome hockey team into the piece?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

How much were they selling for ?
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Anyone watching the East Carolina/Florida Atlantic game? ECU's jerseys look very very similar to the Lions alternates. Nice, too.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Email from the Lions that my jersey should arrive no later than Sept. 30th
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Check out Mizzou''s jerseys this weekend. Numbers will be almost identical style to Lions alternates.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:. And, oh, by the way, how can we work our ridiculous and undeserved obsession with our tiresome hockey team into the piece?
QFT.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Email from the Lions that my jersey should arrive no later than Sept. 30th
That's the same message I got...Elimimian #56...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
smphantom
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Email from the Lions that my jersey should arrive no later than Sept. 30th
Wow! Glad I got mine the day of, and have been showing it off at games and around town ever since! :wink:

I have received nothing but positive comments on the new jersey.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Upper Bowl
Starter

As expected, they will be worn on Friday night, with some on sale at the game:
September 30, 2013

Lions to don third jersey for Friday night tilt versus ‘Riders; more seating sections opened

(Vancouver) The BC Lions Football Club announced this afternoon that players will wear their tremendously-popular third jersey for Friday’s game versus the Saskatchewan Roughriders presented by Budweiser.

“The gunmetal-gray jersey has been an unprecedented success and we’ve been urged by our fans to wear them again this season,” said president and CEO Dennis Skulsky. “This historic 60th season of BC Lions football is about celebrating the tremendous support of our fans and we are excited to wear the jersey for Friday’s big game.”

The club originally launched the new look back on August 17th versus the Calgary Stampeders to mark the 60th anniversary of its first-ever regular season game in 1954. The jersey quickly sold out in days following the win over the Stamps with a new shipment of jerseys arriving this week.

“We’re currently fulfilling hundreds of backorders as quickly as possible from our online and Surrey stores, but I’m pleased to report that our fans will have the opportunity to buy the jersey at BC Place on Friday night,” said Stefan Kalenchuk, Lions director of marketing.

Fans will be in for a treat as the huge West Division clash will feature “blacked-out player introductions.” Everyone coming to the game is encouraged to be in their seats by 6:45 pm before the in-stadium lights go out.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Still waiting for the arrival of my jerseys. So much for the Lions saying it should arrived no later than today.
jmc24
Rookie

jmc24 wrote:Pretty cool alternate jersey.....And that's what they are...an alternate. The helmet is the coolest part. Wally wanted a 'big game jersey' like he had in Calgary. They will wear them again October 4th versus the Riders.
Are you allowed to quote your own quote? Or is that just showing off? :wink:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I wonder if they've made the numbers more legible this time.
Blitz
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:I wonder if they've made the numbers more legible this time.
I was thinking the same thing.. either a thicker outline surrounding the number or highlighting the number in some way.
I think they are really a great looking uniform though.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)