a cup of Double Double Lions love

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

I went to Timmys today and my coffee was served in this ... I thought it was pretty cool
photo.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Am I missing something here ?
Spud387
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:Am I missing something here ?
The image might be cut off for you, scroll down, it has the 60th logo on the cup
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:
The image might be cut off for you, scroll down, it has the 60th logo on the cup
Or depending on your browser (works on firefox at least) just click on the part you can see to expand it to full size.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:

Thanks Spud
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

So now I have to go to Tim's to see if they have the same cups in Victoria.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Last season I ALWAYS stopped in a relatively new Tim's franchise near Tinseltown Mall for an Apres-Game cuppa joe and a cop-burger (donut). Went there after last Fridays preseason tilt and the PLACE WAS PACKED. Lots of Lions fans! Both bathrooms were lined up 10 deep. Seems like its been 'discovered' as a place to go (and I don't just mean the bathroom) for an after game snack.

And yes, they still had a few Lions game day donuts....
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:So now I have to go to Tim's to see if they have the same cups in Victoria.
According to this Lions' press release issued today they're at ALL TH's in the entire province. Note: available in L & XL sizes ONLY.

http://bclions.com/article/tim-hortons- ... rative-cup
Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013

BCLions.com Staff

The BC Lions Football Club and Tim Hortons are pleased to kick off the 2013 season with the launch of a Tim Hortons BC Lions 60th season commemorative cup.

Marking the first time in their history that Tim Hortons has featured a professional sports team logo on their beverage containers, the Tim Hortons 60th season commemorative cup will be available for all large and extra-large size hot beverages beginning July 3rd through the end of the 2013 season and will include the Lions’ distinctive 60th season logo.

“Tim Hortons is very pleased to be the official coffee of the BC Lions Football Club. To commemorate the team’s 60th season and our 10 year partnership, all Tim Hortons large and extra-large coffee cups throughout the province will bear the BC Lions 60th season logo,” explains Doug Gunn, Tim Hortons Director Marketing, Western Canada. “We’re especially excited this year to be partnering with the club and Tim Hortons Children’s Foundation on August 5th to bring 60 deserving families to the BC Lions Family Day game vs the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.”

Distributed throughout the 2013 season, the Tim Hortons 60th season commemorative cup will be available at all 292 locations throughout British Columbia.

“We’re proud and honoured to have an iconic Canadian institution like Tim Hortons take part in our 60th season celebration,” said team president and CEO Dennis Skulsky. “I know our fans will love the commemorative cup and it’s a great way to show their Lions pride all season long.”
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
LFITQ
Team Captain

1 word: FINALLY!

Now too bad I don't drink coffee. But I am very pleased to see this being done for ALL of BC!
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I went in to a Tim's on July 1 in Victoria and didn't see any Lion's coffee cups, so now i will go back there today to check it out.

BTW, the Save-On-Foods promo with the Lions for the mini-helmets is on only in Vancouver (+ possibly the rest of the lower mainland). It is not available to the rest of BC. The assistant manager at the Save-On in Vic West knew nothing about the promo with the Lions, but he got on the phone to head office in Vancouver and then brought in 2 sets of four helmets for me without me needing to make any purchases.

The only problem: these are mini, Mini-Helmets and are smaller than a bobble head's helmet. Of course if they ever made a bobble head of former Als head coach, Pea Head Walker...