Where's Glen Suitor?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cheer_leader
prospect

Where's Glen Suitor? Will he be broadcasting with another partner?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I suspect he may be scheduled to do tomorrow's game between the Lions and Calgary.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I suspect he may be scheduled to do tomorrow's game between the Lions and Calgary.
With Rod Black, no doubt. There. I said it.

I think you're right; it'd make more sense from a travel POV for one crew (Cuthbert/Forde) to cover the games in Wpg & Tor while the other (Black/Suitor) covers the games in Cgy & Edm. Wonder if they've swapped PxP/colour partners around from last year (then C/S & B/F, mostly) for the whole season this time out.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
David
Team Captain

Nope. Could have sworn they said during the telecast tonight that Duane Forde would be travelling to Calgary for tomorrow night's game.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Just tuned in Tor/Ham, sounds like they've got Gord Miller & Matt Dunigan in the booth.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

suitors doing the game this afternoon :) he tweeted that he had family obligations
2012 Season Ticket Holder
cheer_leader
prospect

So happy to see Glen Suitor back!
We had a friend over watching Lions game yesterday. "Wow"....he said....."that guy sure doesn't like the Lions"!!!!
Enuff said!
Last edited by cheer_leader on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
South Pender
Legend

Is that rap on Black? I know he's as popular as herpes on this forum, but have never known why.
cheer_leader
prospect

I don't notice it with other teams, always suspected it was just me being a Lions fan.
It was very interesting that our friend commented on it though.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:Is that rap on Black? I know he's as popular as herpes on this forum, but have never known why.
Because he's an embarrassment as an announcer.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:Is that rap on Black? I know he's as popular as herpes on this forum, but have never known why.
We all have our preferences for play by play and colour broadcasters and since the internet it is far easier to make a case against/for.

If you watch a game online it seems it always happens - a post comes up about how bad Rod Black is and away it goes. I prefer Rod over TSN's other guys - BUT I don't dislike them at all. What I like about Black is how much he gets the things in about a player, his background, etc. I don't need the announcer to tell me what the play is doing so I am not looking to see if he made an error as I don't care. They all do - of course as it is not an easy job to get it always right.

As a kid I used to listen to all the sports announcers in Vancouver on football and liked them all. Today they'd not all pass the internet test.

I like Suitor but do get frustrated when a cheap shot to the head is wow, 'what a great football play.' If he was back with the Riders playing he'd not say that if it was his QB who just took the cheap head shot. I think announcers shouldn't be encouraging that stuff.
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
cheer_leader
prospect

I like all TSN's guys.......just figure I'm sensitive 'cause I love our Lions!!!
cheer_leader
prospect

Watched Lions tonight with Glen Suitor & Rod Black...........thought they did a great job!
Loved the game!
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Rod Black takes a lot of criticism on this and other fan sites but i thought he did a good job. No mistakes that i noticed and didn't repeat himself too much.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:Rod Black takes a lot of criticism on this and other fan sites but i thought he did a good job. No mistakes that i noticed and didn't repeat himself too much.
I am trying to go easier on Rod Black.

I thought his discussion post game with Suitor on Andrew Harris was well done.

But he does get repetitive. Like he has found a comfort zone with an idea and then beats it to death. The listeners got it first time through. Dan Dierdorf on NFL broadcasts would say the same thing, over and over, with slightly different words. I had to tune it out, or, otherwise, I would be shouting at the screen: "Shut up, Dan." LOL