cfl e-camp list

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

zark
Champion

http://cfl.ca/page/combine-players

What do we need and what do you think we'll get ?
Where's Duane Forde?
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm disappointed by the list. Only 9 of the top 15 prospects are attending. Top-rated Bo Lokombo from Abbotsford and several other propects from NCAA schools won't be there. That makes it tougher to evaluate players.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Offensive and defensive linemen, safety
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:I'm disappointed by the list. Only 9 of the top 15 prospects are attending. Top-rated Bo Lokombo from Abbotsford and several other propects from NCAA schools won't be there. That makes it tougher to evaluate players.
I think that the rule of thumb is the NCAA players only need to be evaluated on their NFL potential for the most part. Otherwise they will be ahead of the CIS grouping, tangibles aside.
Entertainment value = an all time low
OV - 54:40
Champion

Players with NCAA eligiblity left are not allowed to attend (would kill their remaining eligibility i believe) - hence no Lokombo and a number of other top prospects.

The DB list features a few CIS conference all-star safeties, plus some other DBs who might make good safety conversion projects.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

OV - 54:40 wrote:Players with NCAA eligiblity left are not allowed to attend (would kill their remaining eligibility i believe) - hence no Lokombo and a number of other top prospects.

The DB list features a few CIS conference all-star safeties, plus some other DBs who might make good safety conversion projects.
That is true. NCAA players with remaining eligibility would forfeit their senior seasons if they attended the CFL evaluation camp.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
OV - 54:40
Champion

Hambone wrote:
OV - 54:40 wrote:Players with NCAA eligiblity left are not allowed to attend (would kill their remaining eligibility i believe) - hence no Lokombo and a number of other top prospects.

That is true. NCAA players with remaining eligibility would forfeit their senior seasons if they attended the CFL evaluation camp.
Hambone - I can't recall any example of a top CFL draft pick NCAA redshirt guy prospect foregoing their final year of US college ball to jump at a CFL opportunity ?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/63463

I remember seeing this video when Jabar was down the rankings list. And thinking OMG, I hope we can get this guy. He shot up the list, but Benny and Wally made the moves to get him.

:thup: